GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My car PC with 5.1 audio system project

your car looks awesome!!!!
    love the pc setup...
    1995 BMW 525i E34 M50B25 2.5L (Non-Vanos) -Automatic Transmission- (w/ Cruise Control & Full OBC) *REBOUGHT!!*

Thanks, it took me some time to think about it, but luckily I had to drill nothing in the back and I found a small opening in the middle where there is a vent mesh so the bass is coming out from it.

one major disadvantage of the E31, that the trunk door is slim and doesn't allow big boxes to be in, so my kicker L7 boxes didn't fit in !! and I replaced it with an after market home theater subwoofer, removed the amp and installed my car amp and PC on it. and fits just fine and sounds nice too.

it looks great, i want a car-pc in my own car! i love the pics, jon k's setup looks awesome also. thanks. bue

Thanks mate, I have added another bluetooth dongle as now I can hear the phone on the system but I use the bluetooth headset Mic as a wireless microphone. the cheapest is the one at www.shortcircuit.com and they have all the accessories you need. but I prefer you buy the hard drive from a local market I guess it would be cheaper.

where did u get the computer??
    1995 BMW 525i E34 M50B25 2.5L (Non-Vanos) -Automatic Transmission- (w/ Cruise Control & Full OBC) *REBOUGHT!!*

I bought it from www.short-circuit.com, but I got other stuff form the local market like GPS antenna, 80GB Hard drive, 1GB memory, wires and USB harness, USB external DVD case, and the amps.

at that site they have a complete kit that you can buy ( main board + case + smart 12V ATX power supply)

hope this would help. sure I would help with the installation tips when u get it.
    Last edited by grave77; 02-19-2007 at 01:33 PM.

that system looks awsome now it's all finished, i wish i could hear it in person

well ... I will describe it for you, it has the same OEM sound but with extra power (no more bass distortion when it's loud) add to it the subwoofer bass. as for the center I usually set it at 20% for music and normal for DVDs. so the sound it exactly like any home theater system. hope this brings you the image

how did you power up the home sub unit?
    Quote Originally Posted by grave77
    Thanks, it took me some time to think about it, but luckily I had to drill nothing in the back and I found a small opening in the middle where there is a vent mesh so the bass is coming out from it.

one major disadvantage of the E31, that the trunk door is slim and doesn't allow big boxes to be in, so my kicker L7 boxes didn't fit in !! and I replaced it with an after market home theater subwoofer, removed the amp and installed my car amp and PC on it. and fits just fine and sounds nice too.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

"removed the amp and installed my car amp and PC on it"

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    how did you power up the home sub unit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast