GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: rear door won't open

Default rear door won't open

hi guys, i've got this problem, i've searched but not found anything, the problem i have is that 3 of my doors will open with the central locking but the n/s/r will not, i've tried working the key back and forth to see if that will un jam it but it won't, it seems like its deadlocked as well because it won't open from the inside either, the central locking was working fine yesterday apart from the double lock unlock thing which has been like it before i owned it which i know is either down to a microswitch or the gm, any ideas on how to get the door open so i can at least take the door card off to have a look.

Thanks in advance
    Rob

Take a grinder and cut the door off!!

i think you need to remove the rear bench seat the attempt to remove the door panel with the door still closed

Quote Originally Posted by billy
    Take a grinder and cut the door off!!

i think you need to remove the rear bench seat the attempt to remove the door panel with the door still closed
    That is of course a joke, I assume.

What are the temperatures there?
    Did you try remote control and key from other doors and trunk?

And I will not look into any wiring diagram till you have filled out the absolute necessary info.
    That is not enough

89/90 bmw e34, 169000, 525ise UK
    -----------
    Where is your VIN and what is the month and year (exactly) of production?

thanks shogun, is the info provided now o.k. ? the tempretures were freezing here last night, i did wonder it that might be the cause of it, and i have no remote central locking and it only works from the drivers side, and i have noticed that since its been getting colder the lock takes more effort to unlock it
    Last edited by nizmainiac; 01-26-2007 at 09:16 AM.

Try warming things with a hairdryer if you can or some of the lock de-icer.
    My locks never freeze but the damn weatherseals do constantly.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

The front passenger door lock on our 95 Touring was sticking when the temps dropped. The lock rod would move very slowly or not at all on a very cold day. Turned out the inner door seal was glued to the lock rod & when it got cold that black goo didn't want to let go.

If you think the problem is cold related move the car into the garage or a sheltered area & warm up the rear portion of the door with a hair dryer/heat gun/heat lamp. If you can get the mechanism warmed up abit it might free up.
    90 535im
    02 R1100S, 87 R100S
    76 R90/S,73 R75/5
    Alfa Romeos- 65 Giulia Spider Veloce
    & 66 Duetto 1600 Spider

i went back out to it later after it had warmed up a bit outside and its fine now, must have just been the bad frost we had.
    thanks for your help guys

I had a similar problem recently. Door lock would not 'pop-up' on central so treied to open it manually. However try as I may, I could not lift the damned door-pin. (I even tried levering it up with pliers - nothing)

Eventually, I had to take the door card off - which was VERY difficult to do with the door closed!

Solenoid was faulty on the Central Locking for that door and had jammed, preventing me from opening it manually. So I disconnected it and open the door manually whenever someone wants to get in the back. I also did this for the other rear-door. Hey - there is usually only me & the missus in the car - so why have those rear doors unlocked?

Also - might be a good security thing too, I know we dont all lock our doors (like we should) when we get in the car for a drive, but at least this way I won't have 'The Hitcher' or some weird mutant from 'The Hills have eyes' hiding behind the front seats when I get in.....