GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel injector rubber hose replacement

Default Fuel injector rubber hose replacement

Has anyone replaced the 2" long rubber hose/fuel line that connects the hard fuel line from the tank to the injector rail. Mine is leaking a bit and needs to be replaced. It seems like its like 1/8" hose?

Default Easy fix

discharge the fuel supply system, or be prepared for a splash of gas when you un hook the hose. To discharge the fuel pressure, pull the fuel pump relay and try to start the car.

remove the hose and take it to a parts shop, make sure to tell them it's fuel injection line. You don't want to get vacuum, heater, etc, they will fail under pressure.

pick new clamps too.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

#9 I presume? Hmmmph, or is it #10?? Anyhow, realoem doesn't provide a diameter, but a phone call to a dealership or bma may solve that.

Whatever the diameter it is, make sure its "fuel injector" hose as the system (at least the m50) is set at 50 PSI.

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    #9 I presume? Hmmmph, or is it #10?? Anyhow, realoem doesn't provide a diameter, but a phone call to a dealership or bma may solve that.

Whatever the diameter it is, make sure its "fuel injector" hose as the system (at least the m50) is set at 50 PSI.
    It looks like part # 11. Short hose with 2 hose clamp. I will check with local NAPA store, before I give in and go to the dealer. Autozone & checkers store don't have hoses that small. Thanks for the info.

I just did mine. Autozone carries a new type of fuel line that has plastic on the inside. I can't remember what the size i got but it was 5 bucks.

I just replaced that item #11 hose and all the rest of the fuel hose WIWIT. You will need about four feet of 8mm (or 5/16") fuel injection hose and eight fuel injection rated hose clamps if you are going to replace it all. The factory hose clamps are not reusable. The clamp screw heads have a special groove cut into them so you CAN unscrew them, but you CAN'T reuse them. Exactly like the reverse of the screw heads you see holding the stalls together in public restrooms !!

Quote Originally Posted by onZedge
    I just replaced that item #11 hose and all the rest of the fuel hose WIWIT. You will need about four feet of 8mm (or 5/16") fuel injection hose and eight fuel injection rated hose clamps if you are going to replace it all. The factory hose clamps are not reusable. The clamp screw heads have a special groove cut into them so you CAN unscrew them, but you CAN'T reuse them. Exactly like the reverse of the screw heads you see holding the stalls together in public restrooms !!
    I will replace all of it if I can. Where did you get it? Dealer?

Spoken about before. BMA sells it as Mercedes Benz fuel injector line. I bought some a while ago.

Most parts shops will be able to provide fuel injection hose. They just need the ID (interior diameter) and they will cut it to length. Why not get a metre or so for spare/mistakes. You wouldn't do it for such a small piece but I did most of my long lines on the E12 with braided racing hose (Earls Performance Parts was the supplier). It looked SENSATIONAL! Costs an arm and a leg though.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

If it's leaking change it quick...

I made the mistake of delaying the change 'just another few days' after I started to smell the leak.

Big mistake, started it up coming home from work one evening, it seemed to run ok. Hit the accellerator and the car stalled... not enough fuel pressure to keep it running, and half the tank of fuel on the floor.

When these leak properly - the speed of the leak is scary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast