GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: HELP! can't get fuel pressure regulator out of fuel rail....

Default HELP! can't get fuel pressure regulator out of fuel rail....

car is 7/91 1992 525i with m50 non vanos. the car started bucking during the day, and i figured that maybe some rainwater got into a back plug hole, as this is how it was running. i took all of the coilpacks out, cleaned off the minute amount of oil, reinstalled....no dice. disconnected the maf, same thing. thought that maybe i should unplug the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose. BINGO! as i pulled it off, a 1/2 mL of gasoline went flying out the hose. the fpr was beginning to act funny anyways. at any rate, i had a spare fuel rail lying around here with the FPR on it. try as i might (even prying on it, i know that's bad), i can't get the thing off. i know that this particular rail has not been on a car since 2002, which might explain the adhesive-ness of the thing. i figure that i'll probably run into the same problem on the fuel rail in the car, so i may as well ask.... how do you get one of these things off? i've removed the clamp, the washer, et cetera, but pull as i might, its not coming off. suggestions? thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

usually careful prying is about all you can do, lube helps
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

i put a soft screwdriver into the opening to nudge it, and sprayed some wd40 (into both the car and the spare rail i had). the spare took brute force, its got several bites in it, the car rail has a small, but noticeable bite in it. thanks. was too busy working after i found out that this wasn't the fix to say thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."