GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need help Diagnosing a wiper problem *Help is appreciated*

Default Need help Diagnosing a wiper problem *Help is appreciated*

The wipers on one of my cars is acting up.

Im pretty sure its a relay, but I swapped what I thought was the relay and it didn't fix it.

The wipers only work on full on (high speed). No mist (pushing down), no intermintant (sp) and no full on (slow).

Sounds like a relay problem to me, and I swapped the one under the seat but no dice.. Is there another one under the dash? Is it another problem?

I tryed swapping the collum switch out of my parts car but it didn't fix it either.

The Bentley says the "Wiper/Washer Realy.... In LH forward side of luggage compartment" - I have no clue what they mean by that and can't find this relay they are talking about.

and it says wiper relay is LH side rear seat.. which is one I tryed..

Any help is greatly appreciated. I posted this months ago on BF.c and didn't get much help, but I figured that my odds were greater over here of finding someone that knows whats going on. Im hoping its not the wiper motor. I don't feel like pulling the dash right now.

Default It's the fuse. I just had this happen to me yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by kesslerbmw
    The wipers on one of my cars is acting up.

Im pretty sure its a relay, but I swapped what I thought was the relay and it didn't fix it.

The wipers only work on full on (high speed). No mist (pushing down), no intermintant (sp) and no full on (slow).

Sounds like a relay problem to me, and I swapped the one under the seat but no dice.. Is there another one under the dash? Is it another problem?

I tryed swapping the collum switch out of my parts car but it didn't fix it either.

The Bentley says the "Wiper/Washer Realy.... In LH forward side of luggage compartment" - I have no clue what they mean by that and can't find this relay they are talking about.

and it says wiper relay is LH side rear seat.. which is one I tryed..

Any help is greatly appreciated. I posted this months ago on BF.c and didn't get much help, but I figured that my odds were greater over here of finding someone that knows whats going on. Im hoping its not the wiper motor. I don't feel like pulling the dash right now.
    I was doing work to find a current drain and damaged a fuse in the FRONT fuse compartment. I think it was fuse 15 or 20. Just replace anything associated with WIPER and see what fixes it. I agree it was bizzare, ONLY HIGH speed would work.
    Jeff in MN
    87 535is 245k Recent top end re-work
    88 528e 290k
    90 535i 115k
    98 740i 115k New Magnaflow Cats, No More Codes

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in MN
    I was doing work to find a current drain and damaged a fuse in the FRONT fuse compartment. I think it was fuse 15 or 20. Just replace anything associated with WIPER and see what fixes it. I agree it was bizzare, ONLY HIGH speed would work.
    Ill swap the fuse out tomorrow then, maybe It'll fix it.

It ended up being the fuse which kept beig blown out by a bad washer pump.

I won't tell you all the crap I went through, but now I have to replace both washer nossels (sp). Something must have clogged them up Thanks for the help though!!!!

Im doing my best to spend a little time over here now. Seems to be a lot more knowledgeable people over here than BF.c.