This is just a quick review of my ClutchNet 6 puck sintered ceramic/metallic clutch w/ 2X Racing pressure plate:

Well I have a couple hundred miles on this thing and although I haven't shifted aggressively 1-2-3, I have given it a fairly decent beating in gears. The engagement point in the pedal throw is just like factory - about 2.5 - 3" off the floor, except unlike a stock clutch/pressure plate, instead of engaging linearly and in a long-throw fashion, the pedal "kicks" up as the pressure plate engages when you let your foot out. So, as you come out with your foot, it will "spring" up kind of like a switch point and then that's the engagement of the clutch, with only about 1" or so more throw before the pedal stops. So there is probably 1.5 - 2" of total "usable" throw on the clutch pedal - I need to get a clutch stop to kill that dead space.

As the clutch engages, you have to get the motor up to about 1500 - 2000 rpm or you get a pretty violent shutter as the pucks of the clutch disc skim across the flywheel surface. So, you have to be pretty sure you want to go in gear, because its a deliberate action of engaging the clutch. The shuttering is something I've become familiar with in a lot of the after market clutch cars (typically turbo'd cars etc) but is still weird feeling in my own car. You can engage it without shutter, it just takes some time figuring out the car.

Once engaged, the car pulls and pulls - ZERO slip in any gear and I am now making 171+ kPA of pressure (10.2+ psi) since the clutch is no longer slipping and the motor is loading properly. I took CerealKilla out and spun 2nd gear for about 100' and some of 3rd gear but that was kinda freaky. The weather isn't "wet" but its foggy and weird out - so perhaps in the dry it will be less sketchy.

I would say the pedal weight is only like 10 - 15% heavier than stock, so that's good, its just that the clutch is real "grabby" so its pretty hard to start smooth uphill. I am slowly getting better at engaging it around 1200 - 1500 rpm, but it's so on/off its a little tricky. You kind of just have to let the clutch grab and go with it. The car chirps 1st gear sometimes in the slight wet when you're just trying to drive casually - which is a little embarrassing but at the same time pretty funny. This clutch seems to be the ticket to getting the power to the ground - I have about 200 - 250 miles on the clutch and have felt ZERO slip whereas I would be blazing the old clutch at 3500 rpm in 5th gear.