GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon snow...

Default Oregon snow... *Few more pictures*

Last edited by CharlesAFerg; 01-16-2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Pix!
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Default wish I could see it...firewall won't let me see myspace photos..

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAFerg
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Quote Originally Posted by billb
    I'll set the stage for you:

Approximately 2" of the white stuff covers a suburban neighborhood. The photo was taken from the confines of an e34 in what I assume is an attached garage. It looks pretty narly. How are you folks dealing with it?

Glad you've received sub zero temps, maybe the planet will make it another 100 years.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M

Approximately 2" of the white stuff covers a suburban neighborhood. The photo was taken from the confines of an e34 in what I assume is an attached garage. It looks pretty narly. How are you folks dealing with it?

Glad you've received sub zero temps, maybe the planet will make it another 100 years.

Dave M
    We havent had snow like this in a long time, and I read that the current el-nino cycle is fading rapidly, and that sort of thing affects us greatly, as we are already borderline on the possibility of snow.

Heres more pictures for you bro.
    First two are there to describe my shitty camera, all are without flash except the one with snowflakes, figured I would take it for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M

Dave M

How are us folks? Well, theres how I deal with it, the smart way, and the way most people deal with it. Two completely different things.

Lots of collisions, but many people are staying indoors, most of the collisions are semis anyways.

I saw a guy with a brand new 5 putting on chains... lol
    Don't know what he was doing trying to get to work, not like he needed the money, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAFerg
    How are us folks? Well, theres how I deal with it, the smart way, and the way most people deal with it. Two completely different things.

Lots of collisions, but many people are staying indoors, most of the collisions are semis anyways.

I saw a guy with a brand new 5 putting on chains... lol
    Don't know what he was doing trying to get to work, not like he needed the money, but whatever.
    Thats hilarious (chains on the new fiver). Pray they're attached properly and don't come flying off, trashing a fender.

Reminds me of 1993, when I was training for bike racing in Greenville, SC. We were wholloped with a pretty major snow storm (2-3'). We were based out of a state forest outside town and when we finally got 'rescued' (state forester types with litle chainsaws ), we were amazed at the carnage on the highway into town.. What a display of summer driving skill Oh and then there was the aerial rescue of some boy scouts which were 'stranded' less than a mile from where we hiked up the mountain for training (roads a bit too wet for riding). We were wondering why the choppers were buzzing around. Maybe we coulda helped

The Canadian pacific northwest has been receiving way more snow than usual, much like yourselves.

Thanks for the pics.

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

I wish we had snow! My girlfriend called me as I was getting ready for class to say it was flurrying but I missed it

Here in New England we'd normally call that a dusting & not even think about it. This year its more snow then we've seen all "winter".
    90 535im
    02 R1100S, 87 R100S
    76 R90/S,73 R75/5
    Alfa Romeos- 65 Giulia Spider Veloce
    & 66 Duetto 1600 Spider

Quote Originally Posted by John B.
    Here in New England we'd normally call that a dusting & not even think about it. This year its more snow then we've seen all "winter".
    Yeah for sure dude, you should see the number of COLLISIONS on the freeways... People can't handle it, but also, they don't know how to use chains or put on the proper tires. I think this is also connected to why people don't maintain their automobiles here and how there are a bunch more trash buckets driving around, if the weather was like this, more people wouldn't be able to maintain their vehicles properly for changing weather conditions, or they would just all wreck.

rofl @ similarities, and this ain't snow-

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast