GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want my steering wheel to look like this

Default I want my steering wheel to look like this

LINK

Please check out his steering wheel... looks like maybe a solid black Wheelskin cover that gives that added thickness? And how can I make my faded vinyl airbag cover shiny black again without using crack-promoting armour-all products? Alas, I must stop at the pretty little roundel in the center... guess I'm not worthy of that decoration
    _

Quote Originally Posted by swenpro
    LINK

Please check out his steering wheel... looks like maybe a solid black Wheelskin cover that gives that added thickness? And how can I make my faded vinyl airbag cover shiny black again without using crack-promoting armour-all products? Alas, I must stop at the pretty little roundel in the center... guess I'm not worthy of that decoration
    Hmmm, what does yours look like? This looks exactly like mine.

It almost looks like as if the steering wheel was "reskinned", maybe the real leather underneath was in pretty poor shape so they just slapped this thing on to hide any wear/rips/etc?

2nd on the reskinned.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

thats a wheelskin cover all right, i have the same thing but 2 tone. looks and feels much better than it did before.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

This is just an aftermarket cover! Unless your wheel is badly worn and torn up I wouldn’t go this route. Personally I feel it cheapens the interior. My sis has one like this in pink in her Clio (sh*ty little French car!)

There was a post just before crambo were someone restored there wheel with shoe polish! But for me I'm a fan of the Meguiars range. http://www.meguiars.com/index.cfm

Absolutely horrendous. Just get a new wheel...upgrade while you're at it.
    Atlanta, GA/Bloomington, IN, USA

Default Try this place

http://www.aglausa.com/

I purchased a new cover from him a couple of years ago. It still looks brand new. I paid a little less than $100 for it, but it was pre-sewn and looks original, even goes over the spokes. Strip off the old leather and sew on the new one. Takes a few hours but it is worth the work.
    '95 540iA ~212k

That's a wheelskin. I had one on my old E34, and i have one on my E39 now. They are the best investment i've ever made.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Quote Originally Posted by BillionPa
    thats a wheelskin cover all right, i have the same thing but 2 tone. looks and feels much better than it did before.
    Okay, thanks for the confirmation on that one... I've heard good things about Wheelskins on this forum, and I'm glad to finally see a photo of it on! IMO that thicker wheel must feel good with the hands. Sorry I didn't post a pic of my current, there it is below.

I actually have done the shoe polish trick, and it works GREAT. Shined and buffed that leather right back to new. Now I wish I had a way to return the black to the vinyl (i think?) airbag cover that has grayed from sun exposure.

_

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast