GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Canadian bimmer speedometer does not have mph??

Default Canadian bimmer speedometer does not have mph??

errr I just saw some pics of US bimmers online and I noticed that they have a dual-ring speedometer with both km/h and mph readings on it....

but my Canadian 525i only has km/h..... What could have caused that? Is my car a later European Import?? The OBC has mph/miles reading change button tho...

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000
    errr I just saw some pics of US bimmers online and I noticed that they have a dual-ring speedometer with both km/h and mph readings on it....

but my Canadian 525i only has km/h..... What could have caused that? Is my car a later European Import?? The OBC has mph/miles reading change button tho...
    Nope, Canadian imports just have km/h. Germans have the metric system and I'm guessing they have the dual speedo for those with the old system while they keep only the km/h for the metric ones. You guys are going to have to get in on the metric system one day...

Jeff
    I prefer to be misunderstood rather than having to explain myself all the time...

heh, they told me that when I was in 1st grade, which was back in 1970...dont think its gonna happen but we do have Spanish as our other national language
    Quote Originally Posted by Montreal525
    You guys are going to have to get in on the metric system one day...

Jeff
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000

Excuse my ignorance but I dont know if your national standard is kmph or mph. I'm guessing you want mph so you dont have to 'do the math' for the speed cameras. Take off the steering wheel, undo a couple of screws and the dash comes out to be replaced with some nice mph dials. Or if you want to keep the km run consistent, keep the back end of your old dash (it contains the chip) and screw it to the front of your new one. You get mph displayed but km run. And yes I could change it but I like it one mine :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Montreal525
    Nope, Canadian imports just have km/h. Germans have the metric system and I'm guessing they have the dual speedo for those with the old system while they keep only the km/h for the metric ones. You guys are going to have to get in on the metric system one day...

Jeff
    I'm just waiting for y'all to realize that 200 kph only SOUNDS impressive.
    I love the metric system, but you'lll never get Americans to switch. Too many of us would be doing 120 MILES per hour instead of kph.