GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OBC light is losing definition

Default OBC light is losing definition

I just had the stock radio/cassete replaced with a new sony radio cd player. The ABC Wharehouse installed it for free. Now I have a free cluster of lights about an eighth inch blurring my message center next to radio. The installer said he did nothing that could make this happen. But being the cynical person I am I'm not buying it.

This glob of orange light is taking the last digit definition away from the display. Ive done a search trying to find another similar problem but after a half hour of looking nothing remotely has come up.

Anyone out there have same issue? Is there a way the installer could have damaged the area next to radio by installing the new one? I am worried that the definition will blurr even more or stop working all together.

Anyone out there needs a stock radio cassette from a 1989 535 this one was not used very much. I just changed it for better sound and to use a cd and mp3 player. Hope I don't regret changing it now.

Sounds weird. The OBC casing is pretty tough, and it would be quite difficult to smack it on the side. Unless the installer accidentally smacked a screwdriver right into the LCD display...

Can you take a photo to show how it looks like? Might give us more info on how it was caused, and maybe how to fix it, if possible.

Get a pick so we know what the hell you're referring to.

From what the installer told me the display is three layers of film with etched metal making up the squares or pixels...If you hold a flash light to the screen without it being on you can see the shape of the blob.

As for pics I am ashamed to say I have no idea how to post pics here. I would have to ask my son to help me later as I am sure it would be a piece of cake for him.

Its just hard for me to think its just coincidence when everything worked fine for two months prior and now its not.