GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Front Shocks & Upper Mountings

Default Front Shocks & Upper Mountings

I was recently quoted the equivalent of USD 264 EACH for front shocks (from BMW) and USD 180 for the RF upper mounting (from BMW). This seems somewhat excessive.

A general tyre/shock shop down the road quoted USD 214 for two Monroe shocks (fitted) and USD 270 for two Gabriel shocks (fitted). My question: how good are the Monroe and Gabriel shocks? I'm probably correct in assuming that BMW don't make shocks, chances are their shocks are simply Monroe/Gabriel shocks in a BMW box. I'm basically paying for the name, not the contents.

Are the upper shock mountings available from BMA?

Thanks,
    Ralf

Stay away from both. Monroe is in Europe quite popular but because of price not quality. Gabriel is a piece of s&^t. Try to find Sachs, standard Bilstein (B2) or Al-Ko (all german producers).
    Jan

Default Boge/Sachs shocks

If you want OEM shocks, get Boge/Sachs shocks, should cost around $100 EACH from BMA or other vendors. Another alternative would be Bilstein Touring or Koni FSA(sp?) shocks. Both the Bilstein and Koni are OEM-type and aimed as a replacement to the Boge/Sachs shock.

talk about getting bent over. just do it yourself. not a big job if your handy with tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaninnya View Post
    Stay away from both. Monroe is in Europe quite popular but because of price not quality. Gabriel is a piece of s&^t. Try to find Sachs, standard Bilstein (B2) or Al-Ko (all german producers).
    Jan
    holy old thread to reply but to say my opinion, Monroe and Sachs are the best choice if you want really to improve your driving quality and support for your car heavier loads. In fairness to gabriel shock parts, before they have a promotion going with their shocks. It's a mail-in rebate where you buy 4 shocks and you get $20 back by mail. Others may say its a junk, but its your preference.
    Last edited by blue09rocket; 03-04-2011 at 10:38 PM.

My goodness....
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy