GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So ...... where do I stick my gong then?

Default So ...... where do I stick my gong then?

In my quest to fit an OBC I have just bought a gong which is apparently needed to make the OBC work (I just get a PPPP message at the moment).
    Trouble is, I don't know where to connect it ! Will someone please enlighten me?

Default OT: How not to dock you new speedboat....

This happened recently at one of the local lakes on the NE GA/W SC border...OOOPS!

http://www.independentmail.com/and/n...815479,00.html

This is the rest of the story:
    "Check out this boat wreck that happened on Hartwell the other day. It is a 38 foot Fountain. The owner had it for about a week and has not made the first payment on the 375,000 dollar pricetag. He was going 80 mph made a sharp turn, it threw him and his passenger out of the boat. He did not have his kill switch on, so it steady accelerated until it hit the bank, went airborne and split on this tree. Pretty Awesome."

Have three good pics but they are too big and can't post them
    JR
    1992 525 IA, EAT chip, 16 x 7.5 Rondell 58's, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sports, Elipsoid Smileys & fogs, Z3 Pistol grip shifter, 4 VDO gauge package, Azure Blue w/nice patina - clearcoat shot

Default OOPS....Posted in Wrong Place!

That's what I get for doing this with 2 kids in the room with me!
    JR
    1992 525 IA, EAT chip, 16 x 7.5 Rondell 58's, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sports, Elipsoid Smileys & fogs, Z3 Pistol grip shifter, 4 VDO gauge package, Azure Blue w/nice patina - clearcoat shot

Same problem here - wife's been away all night.....

Well on my 89' 535i it is on the lower steering wheel cover - the black one above the pedals. If you look at it there should be a grated hole near the outer heater outlet, has two plugs going into it with approx 4 wires per plug.

Hope that helps!

Cheers SamB - I was beginning to think I had entered a parallel universe

Default Raj....some advice...

never stick your gong in a sharp hole...will start again
    The gongs on these cars are LOUD. You will need a plastic retaining clip to secure your gong in the hole cut out in the driver side upper peddle box facia/barrier. Will save you the trouble and give you a better strategy. Drop the lower facia down and you should see the coonector harness for the gong. You must remove the carpet sliver on the trans tunnel via one screw for access to the r.h. upper peddle box facia....another tip. Don't put the gong through the hole and use the stock retaining clip. Instead purchase some velcrow and cover the face of the gong with one side of the velcrow. Place the other half of the velcrow strips on the top of the peddle box facia adjacent to the hole designed for the gong. Stick the gong to the top of the peddle facia with the connectors attached (of course) and then reinstall the upper peddle facia.
    The gong will now be just the right volume...not too loud...not so soft so you can hear it in the event of a system failure...just right.
    HTH,
    George

Wow! That really was detailed advice there George!

Just one little detail though - is your driver's side on the left or right? (I'm in the UK)

hehe...good point Raj. My driver side is on the left..presume yours is on the right :-)
    Believe abpve should still apply as most facets of RHD cars are symmetrically opposite to LHD cars.
    HTH,
    George

Heh heh ..... the reason I asked is that I just spent a very entertaining hour in a very undignified position (head stuck up under the dash with legs wrapped around the headrest) All I found was a bunch of dried leaves jammed in the heater duct

So I would say that the passenger (left) side is good bet now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast