GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Power-Flex bushes

Default Power-Flex bushes

I need to replace pretty much every bush on my 540: subframe, thrust arm & another near the steering somewhere. My question is thus:
    What can you tell me about the Power-Flex bushes. Are they any good? Are they harsher than the OEM? Will having the M-Tech suspension package make a difference? What about fitting? They seem to be easier than OEM ones. How do they compare pricewise? If they're easier to fit, does the reduced labour make them more affordable? Do they so subframe bushes or just the suspension ones?

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Cheers

Ben

I'm a bit curious about this one, too.

Found this whilst searching, which seems reasonable, but not sure if it's better than the OEM or not.
    Could I burn out the old one, then put this one in, thus avoiding expensive tool hire?

B.

Bump.
    Any thoughts guys?

B.

The main question is want you want from them .If you want just a replacement bush while you're in there replacing bits and don't want any more noise/loss of comfort, stick to OE parts.
    I've used them on my E30 M3 and can only say good things about them. Not ( yet ) used them on my 540, but then both cars see some track use.
    As long as you remember they will transmit more noise/vibration/harshness,I don't think you'll be disapointed. Maybe an option is just using them on the more wear prone thrust arms ?
    I don't think the labour costs will drop any, must of the cost will be removing the old ones which can be a big pain in the bum.On others cars I've fitted them to they have fitted very easily though.
    Last edited by Sidney Rough-Diamond; 01-10-2007 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks for the reply Sidney.
    How much more? Is it really bad, bone shaking, or just a little more road noise?

B.

Quote Originally Posted by oharab
    Thanks for the reply Sidney.
    How much more? Is it really bad, bone shaking, or just a little more road noise?

B.

On my M3, I found it to be ok. I,like you, was a little unsure when I first did this to the M3 .I heard people saying it was for track use only and any street driving would be a pain. I can't say this was the case. As I said though, I've yet to try it on a 5er.

urethane bushings on the swaybars do not seem to transmit any extra noise/vibration to the car fyi, however the upper control arms will.

if you get powerflex for the rear control arms, and M5 upper control arms, it will be an excellent compromise.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue