GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 4hp22 transmission

Default 4hp22 transmission

I may have found a transmission for replacement but it has been pulled out of an e28, the seller has told me that it should fit the e34 however I want to be sure. the serial number 31043401477, I tried searching this on realoem bmw partys thingy but got no result can anyone help me and it doesn't appear to not be an electronic box as mine is, any problems here I assume the elsectronic only deals with the sports mode economy and the like if anyone could help me out it would be greatlt appreciated

if it's also from a 535 then it will bolt to the engine but the cross member and drive shaft won't match up, the cooling lines will probably be different too
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

There are several variations of the 4HP22. The main differences are in the Valve Body. One is fully hydraulic (No solenoids, no electronics.) Then there is one with 5 Solenoids and one with 4 Solenoids. Much depends on the year. If you do not match the TCU to the right Valve Body you will probably have issues. Why do you need to replace your transmission? hy not just rebuild the one you have?

I bought a 5 series tranny for my 735i and the driveshaft is different(3 bolt instead of 4 bolt)has the 8 pin connector.Can't use it and don't want to change tailshafts.If you need it let me know.How can you find out what the tranny is for?

e32 and e34s with 3.5 motors the 4hp22 will interchange but theres two versions, the easy way to tell which is which is by the switch on the console, A-M is the later one from about 90 and up and the early one is E-S-M, other then the computer stuff they are the same mountings so you can bolt up the wrong one but it won't shift right or at all in some cases
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default I'm not sure

But a search of real oem with the serial numbers should tell me what model it come off http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partxref.do , How much do you want for it and where are you located
    Last edited by tangles01; 01-12-2007 at 12:13 AM.