GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Under seat plugs -prewired for heat ?

Default Under seat plugs -prewired for heat ?

Under seat plugs -prewired for heat ?
    I was looking under my seats this weekend and noticed 3 unused electrical plugs.
    1-large blue plastic plug with 6 female pins
    2-small blue plug also with 6 female pins
    3-medium sized white 2-femaled pins

So my question is.....for those of you with heated seats Are these the same plugs your using ? My car was a 5/91 525I/a and of course has the plastic knock-outs for the heated swtches on the side of the seat covers.
    I just wondered if these cars were made with a preiwired harness and the seat also has the heated matrix already installed ...just not hooked up due to the car not being ordered by the purchaser for the option ?
    If this would be the case , all I would then need to activate them might be the switches ?
    My only other guess was that one of the switches might have been for the electric headrest....but thats just one of the plugs.
    Any ideas ?
    ................Vinny
    AC Schnitzer | S-5 | Stainless exhaust | Bodykit | wing| 3pc. wheels | badges | springs | mirrors | steerwheel |
    Schwarz on Blk

No freebies... There is a reason they are all female connections. However, you can retrofit the options.

Vinny, ALL US spec E34 cars with electric seats have harness connectors for lumbar + heated seat + thigh extension support. At that point, wiring was cheap, cheaper than making multiple harnesses. Heated seats require pads, which are sewn to the leather at the factory.

Thanks for that guys. Does anyone know how much the heating element pads and switches are or IF they can even be ordered anywhere still ??
    ..............Vinny
    AC Schnitzer | S-5 | Stainless exhaust | Bodykit | wing| 3pc. wheels | badges | springs | mirrors | steerwheel |
    Schwarz on Blk

Vinny, I have a set of elements, still attached to a set of leathers that would need some work to be usable -- see this thread http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=28780 The pads could be separated from the leathers and installed in another seat.

You could also try sourcing a set of E36 pads, which aren't stitched into the leather.

I bought a couples of sets of seat heaters off ebay... aftermarket but haven't installed it yet... cheap enough includes its own controller... two stage with automatic reverting to warm from hot after certain time...

Kalevera....can you email me some pix of the backside of the seatcovers ? I wouldn't be against attemting the swap since my seats are in awesome condition. Please send me a PM with a price for the switches and heat elements if you could.
    .............Vinny
    Schwarz on Blk