GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: SOS NEED HELP ASAP...Stuck in Nebraska

Default SOS NEED HELP ASAP...Stuck in Nebraska

I'm writing on behalf of mzarif who is stuck in Nebraska...he thinks his auxillary coolant pump is leaking steam, losing coolant, and keeps over-heating...if anyone knows if it is possible to bypass the pump without impeding on circulation in order to get it going again...needs to be back in eastern iowa tonight...give him a call at 970 443 9360....Thanks much.

Details: coolant pump is located in the back driver's side of the engine compartment...hisses steam when running, steam enters cabin!! when squeezing hoses to bleed system hissing is also heard.

PS. $4 radiator fix is still holding up

Best of luck to you, wish I was closer. Shogun seems to have the idea in his link. It's a pump, so it would seem to me that if you bypassed it the way Shogun's link describes, it would be OK. But I'm certainly no expert on this matter.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Default SOS Relief

All is good...I think...he did something...I'm sure he'll clue you in later...but he's on his way now.

He should stay awhile in Nebraska. We really are not so bad here.

If he is stuck in the Omaha area there is a great BMW specialty shop that I have been thrilled with.

Quote Originally Posted by t-clark
    I'm writing on behalf of mzarif who is stuck in Nebraska...he thinks his auxillary coolant pump is leaking steam, losing coolant, and keeps over-heating...if anyone knows if it is possible to bypass the pump without impeding on circulation in order to get it going again...needs to be back in eastern iowa tonight...give him a call at 970 443 9360....Thanks much.

Details: coolant pump is located in the back driver's side of the engine compartment...hisses steam when running, steam enters cabin!! when squeezing hoses to bleed system hissing is also heard.

PS. $4 radiator fix is still holding up

You certainly can bypass the auxilliary pump (it just help to heat up the cabin faster with this pump than without). Shogun quick fix is a good one but it completly cut hot water circulation in the cabin, that's ok in summer time but you'll be better off in winter time to bypass the pump instead and keep your possibility to heat the cabin.

Thanks everyone

I ended up doing a bypass surgery using the BMW tools
    Here is what i did, I took the hose that runs to the pump, and bypassed the pump and ran it into the heater valve portion of it,
    bled the system, and got home 400miles without heat

will post a writeup sometime
    1995 525i "Stefanie"

How cold was it in Nebraska in January for those 400 miles without heat? Did your toes get frostbitten?
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler