GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I moved Bimmer.info to new server, who is on chelby.com and who is on bimmer.info

Default I moved Bimmer.info to new server, who is on chelby.com and who is on bimmer.info

Weird, I know it'll take time for my server move change in DNS to propegate across the Internet, but at least for me, I was pointing to the new one yesterday, and now today I'm pointing back at the old one.

Here's how I can tell, when I go to bimmer.info, I get redirected to ns1.chelby.com, that's because the old DNS entry is in use, and I placed a URL redirect on the old server to chelby.com, which just happens to use the same virtual server as the new bimmer.info, and uses the same DB.

Now if you're pointing to the updated DNS entry, you'd go right to the new server, and not see any chelby.com stuff in the URL.

So, right now, as you look at this page, does your URL at the top point to chelby.com or bimmer.info?

Default Hi Ed, mine goes to Chelby - do I get the booby prize?

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    Weird, I know it'll take time for my server move change in DNS to propegate across the Internet, but at least for me, I was pointing to the new one yesterday, and now today I'm pointing back at the old one.

Here's how I can tell, when I go to bimmer.info, I get redirected to ns1.chelby.com, that's because the old DNS entry is in use, and I placed a URL redirect on the old server to chelby.com, which just happens to use the same virtual server as the new bimmer.info, and uses the same DB.

Now if you're pointing to the updated DNS entry, you'd go right to the new server, and not see any chelby.com stuff in the URL.

So, right now, as you look at this page, does your URL at the top point to chelby.com or bimmer.info?

Default http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=17545

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Thanks, dude, but I get

"File Not Found
    The requested URL was not found on this server."

I feel cold and alone.

If you're still being redirected to chelby.com, that link will not work for you. You'll have to change the bimmer.info to chelby.com

We need like 24 hours for DNS to propegate my change (my new IP for my Bimmer.info server) all the way across the Internet and then the world will be round again.

Regal is also just showing us that he is pointing correctly to the new server. That link is to this page.

Ed, my work DNS (gov't ) is still pointing to bimmer.info, but my home ISP (sympatico.ca) is now pointing to chelby.com.

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

actually, you want to be pointing at bimmer.info

the chelby.com is a workaround to get you to the new server location

I have no idea what im doing
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default for the moment, chelby works and bimmer does not (for me)

nt

Default Mine says bimmer.info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast