GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: John Deere HIR installation, with pics

Default John Deere HIR installation, with pics

After having one of my stock bulbs burn out, i decided to give the John Deere HIR's a try. I found a pair at $10.90 each 5min away from me, so why not right?

Notice the reflector shaped bulb that reflects back all the Infra red light emmited right back onto the filament, increasing its temp, without increasing current.

a slight modification to the "locking pins"with Dremel tool was necessary to make it fit

I installed one of them as to compare to stock, I found that they were in fact brighter, driving them in snow and generally dark weather. Also projecting on the wall there was a difference in brightness that was very noticeable.

I would recommend them to anyone (unless they burn out tomorrow)
    considering the low cost and increased output.
    1995 525i "Stefanie"

Good deal! Was your bulb made in China or Japan? Also, was it in stock at your dealer or was it ordered? If order, how long did it take for the dealer to get. Thanks!

Low or high beam? What is the part number?
    Got to try this one myself!
    1992 BMW 525iT (sold)
    1998 V70R

One of my bulbs was made in Japan (which impressed me), the other one oddly enough in China.
    I called the first John Deere place, and they didn't have it, but their satellite location had two in stock and was closer to me so i just picked them right up.
    I used them in my low beams, replacing what i believe is a 9006 bulb.
    Part Number is AH211917

I would imagine high beams would be replaceable too but haven't tried yet. Back in Iowa where i go to school we have a John Deere super center of some sorts so i may go and replace those too eventually

-em
    1995 525i "Stefanie"

hi-beams. Does John deere even have the hi-beams? BTW, I am waiting for my second John deere lo-beam. My first one was made in china and had toshiba name on the side. the john deere hir lo-beam bulb does appear a bit brighter than my 9005 conversion
    Last edited by Russell; 01-06-2007 at 08:35 AM.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Just change them... Don't wait for them to burn out. Regular bulb output decreases as you use them... so by the time it burns out, you probably had 60% of what it was when new.

Quote Originally Posted by mzarifkar
    One of my bulbs was made in Japan (which impressed me), the other one oddly enough in China.
    I called the first John Deere place, and they didn't have it, but their satellite location had two in stock and was closer to me so i just picked them right up.
    I used them in my low beams, replacing what i believe is a 9006 bulb.
    Part Number is AH211917

I would imagine high beams would be replaceable too but haven't tried yet. Back in Iowa where i go to school we have a John Deere super center of some sorts so i may go and replace those too eventually

-em
    Thanks. Its good that you're close to a JD dealer/super center. My problem is I'm in San Francisco and there is no JD dealer nearby. I've email JDParts and was told I could order "online" through the closest dealer, who I believe is in Santa Rosa, about an hour away. I'm trying to find out what is shipping from the dealer to me.

Its my understanding that JD only carries the low-beam HIR bulb (p/n AH211917). IF you want the high beam bulb, you'll have to look elsewhere.

From what I've read the 03 chevy Avalanche uses the 9011HIR high beams. You can get them from gm parts direct online for around $18. I called the local Chevy dealer and he said they were $35 and they never stocked them.
    The part # is 15094219.

Quote Originally Posted by shanek
    From what I've read the 03 chevy Avalanche uses the 9011HIR high beams. You can get them from gm parts direct online for around $18. I called the local Chevy dealer and he said they were $35 and they never stocked them.
    The part # is 15094219.
    Interestingly, I did a search for this bulb, p/n 15094219, and found at www.gmpartsdirect.com that it catagorizes the bulb as:

CATEGORY: Bulbs, Fog, High/Low Beam

Does anyone know if this bulb is a true "high beam" bulb? Thanks!