I just got my HIR bulbs from the John Deere dealer today and have been trying them out. To be honest, I think the Sylvania Halogen XtraVision lights I have are brighter. I've spent the last hour comparing them and I'm just not seeing the difference. I even illuminated just the bulbs and it sure seemed that the Sylvania XtraVision bulb was brighter. Now the HIR bulbs available from John Deere are low beams, which may be why they aren't any brighter. According to a post at Roadfly (http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/lig...3601688-1.html) the standard halogen 9005 high beam bulb puts out 1700 lumens while the HIR low beam bulb puts out 1875 lumens. However, if you can obtain the HIR high beams bulbs, they put out 2500 lumens. Based on what I now know, I think I'd have to recommend purchasing the Sylvania XtraVision 9005 high beam bulbs and modifying them to work in the low beam sockets. I don't know if the sale is still on, but on Dec. 4, I purchased a 2-pack of the Sylvania bulbs at Advance Auto for $13.88. If they still have them at that price, I'm going to purchase a set for my high beams tomorrow.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
1991 535i