GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Trunk Emblem

Default Trunk Emblem

I have tried to search and couldn't find how to do this.

So, I have had my BMW for a month now and the trunk emblem bothers me. It looks really bad. It is chipping and just looks trashy. So, I bought a new one on eBay tonight. But how do I change it? My current shifter is leather and it is really worn and looks bad to so I bought a new wood one. I have figured out how to change that without a problem. The old one just pops off.

On another note. My car has a phone in it. I really don't like the phone, althoughit does work but I doubt I would ever use it as I have a cell phone. So, I am thinking about taking it out. Does this decrease the value of the car at all?

Thanks. I really enjoy this forum. Just from doing searches I have figured out so many little things about my new toy.

you need a flat wide screwdriver and some sort of soft material like a T-shirt wrapped around it and pry the old one out

you also need new grommets to reinstall it
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

I just did this at christmas on both my hood and trunk. Like BillionPa said you need at least one flat screw driver and something to protect your paint. I say at least one screw driver because it can be somewhat difficult to get your screw driver in another position without creating more of a gap to place the blade. If only the trunk emblem was as easy to take off as the hood emblem...

Don't forget to check if you need new grommets, too. The ones securing the emblems now...may not be strong enough to hold your new emblem.

And they aren't that expensive either.

i used a plastic spreader that you get with body filler (or bondo) to remove mine, and it doesn't mark the paint either

as you can see on the new one holding in your hand, there are two pins that keep it in the body, pry on both sides of the pins, try to take it out evenly so you don't dig one side into your paint.

I recommend after you pull it off to wash the area behind it and remove any old wax that may have accumulated around the emblem
    1995 525i "Stefanie"