GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: ok one more damn bilstein question

Default ok one more damn bilstein question

for the rear bilsteins i ordered new bumpstops and protection sleves for them as well as new mounts. what else do i need? I can only think of spring pads.

also whats included in the front? i plan on re-using the front spring pads but im figuring it would also be wise to replace the top mount.

are the front strut mounts basically the spring hat and everything all in 1 piece besides the pad?

yes its 1 piece. what bilsteins you get? the factory stops dont fit with the twin tube design deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by markus
    are the front strut mounts basically the spring hat and everything all in 1 piece besides the pad?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by markus
    for the rear bilsteins i ordered new bumpstops and protection sleves for them as well as new mounts. what else do i need? I can only think of spring pads.

also whats included in the front? i plan on re-using the front spring pads but im figuring it would also be wise to replace the top mount.

Get new front pads- soemtimes even the new ones split during install. You have the option of 3 or 9mm thick ones, to which the result is a difference in 6mm of ride height. The front upper mounts last for a long time, wheras the rears are a replace with every set of shocks deal. Front shocks require the M5 spec bump stops (or stockies need cutting down) if you have lowering springs. Jeff can tell u all this but I fig he's scared of telling u stuff you already know... but it's better you know for sure than do it wrong plus others need to know as the suspension guys often get it wrong too... Nick
    Last edited by genphreak; 01-02-2007 at 04:16 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

the front bilsteins have integrated bump stops, but you still need to use the protection sleeves.

for the rear shocks, the only thing i didnt see mentioned was the paper gasket between the mount and the body frame.

use anti sieze compount between the mount tops and the body frame as well, even with the gasket.

DO NOT use anti sieze on the spring pads. i would go with all new front pads as well. if you are using eibach springs, i used the stock pads and am very happy with the ride height, as a i just barely clear most sidewalks instead of ripping the bumper off.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

the bisltein sports. looks like i have to call bav auto for a few more things. then this weekend she will be lowered.

the ****ing instructions are in german and i still need a "support" for the top of the bump stop and 2 rear spring pads then im gonna do it. im probly gonna stick with my front mounts because they still look fine.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...32&hg=33&fg=45

i had to order the upper and lower rear spring pads as well as number 2 the "support" and the washer up top and the gasket between the body and the mount. i think ill be good for now. i just wanna put the rears together before hand to help save time.