As you recall, I changed out the tranny fluid and filter a couple months ago and now have 1,000 miles on the Pennzoil MVATF. Now with the fluid fully integrated into all parts on the transmission, I can give you my impressions of the fluid compatibility.

I first decided to change out the OEM fluid after experiencing an occasional hard second to third shift. At the time, I installed an aftermarket (non-Filtran) filter and some Redline D4 ATF. After about a week with the Redline, I had an occasional slip (hard shift) which went away afterwards. At the time, I had the characteristic whining sound coming from the tranny oil pump which, as we all know now, is attributable to the thinner O-ring that comes with the aftermarket tranny filters.

Then after about 4,000 miles on the Redline D4 ATF, I installed a dealer Filtran tranny filter with the thicker O-ring along with about 8 quarts of Pennzoil Multi-Vehicle ATF. The tranny whining sound was eliminated and the car appeared to have cold morning shifts more similar to the OEM fluid (you could feel them but they were not harsh or anything). The Redline fluid by contrast had a very smooth cold morning shift quality.

After 1,000 miles on the Pennzoil MVATF, I am very satisfied with the overall performance of the fluid and would recommend it to anyone with the 5HP30.
I no longer have any hard shifts like I did with the Redline and OEM fluid but I do have a slight slippage from second to third (like I did with the OEM fluid) which is probably a worn clutch pack that I will need to eventually replace.