GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Ideas/Help-84 325is w/key inside trunk & dead battery-how can i open the trunk?

Default Ideas/Help-84 325is w/key inside trunk & dead battery-how can i open the trunk?

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it immensely. I have one key for a 1984 325is, that was left in the trunk and the battery died. Any ideas how to get the trunk open? The doors are open, fyi.
    bklapholz@gmail.com

Thanks,

Brandon

1. Take your Title, registration (VIN) to the dealer and they can get one cut for you.
    They won't do it unless you can prove ownership.

2. If your doors are open then you should be able to pop the hood and charge the battery through the remote "+" terminal in the R/H aft section of your engine compartment. Maybe then you can disable the trunk with central locking.

3. Not dure if a regular locksmith can do the lock from the outside

4. My 328 has fold down rear seats but I am still unsure if the lock can be accessed from the inside.
    Last edited by Spasso; 01-01-2007 at 01:16 AM.
    Spasso
    530iT, 525 5-speed , 328is.

Default another interesting issues

Quote Originally Posted by Spasso
    1. Take your Title, registration (VIN) to the dealer and they can get one cut for you.
    They won't do it unless you can prove ownership. - i just bought this car and then loaded it up and moved from san diego to LA. i haven't registered it yet and the papers are also in the trunk....but

2. If your doors are open then you should be able to pop the hood and charge the battery through the remote "+" terminal in the R/H aft section of your engine compartment. Maybe then you can disable the trunk with central locking. pop the hood and charge the battery through what??? the positive terminal in the r/h aft section??? can you explain in english please??

3. Not dure if a regular locksmith can do the lock from the outside

4. My 328 has fold down rear seats but I am still unsure if the lock can be accessed from the inside.

The seats don't fold down. I got pissed and just tried drilling into the lock since the car is not worth that much and i need my keys!!! but no dice. both bits broke off. I then drilled a few holed right under the lock of the trunk.....i can reach in somewhat but can't get anything to turn or unlock....you know how to do this?

Thanks a ton...happy new year.

I was thinking about the charging of the battery through the engine like you mentioned, but since my only key - the very single only one is in the trunk, and the car is an auto, think that posed some issues.

I have drilled off a section underneath the lock and behind the licencse plate but can't seen to figure out what to loosen, or turn to get it open? Any ideas? I don't care about body damage too much or rain since I live in Southern Cali and won't have to drive it too much longer.....but I do want to be able to keep it shut. I'll bend the hell outta whatever i can with limited tools if i just knew where to start.
    happy new year.