GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: waterpumps

Default waterpumps

Hey Everyone -

I have a 1988 535i, and I think that the waterpump is going out. I am having leaks, mostly antifreeze, and just yesterday, I was smoking from what I think is the waterpump and where the motor is for the fan belt.

do you know where I can find a waterpump with the metal propellers, or is that possible?

Damn I thought I had this saved but I dont. There are waterpumps with the metal impellers that are not very good too. There is a preferred brand to get. dont forget to replace your thermostat, thermostat housing, all hoses and antifreeze and you will be done with everything for a while.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Here's Steve D's waterpump review Jeff...

Here

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Damn I thought I had this saved but I dont. There are waterpumps with the metal impellers that are not very good too. There is a preferred brand to get. dont forget to replace your thermostat, thermostat housing, all hoses and antifreeze and you will be done with everything for a while.

Default more on waterpumps

What about bosch? I know that i already have lots of Bosch parts anyway. or, would you think that it would be a pain to put them on?

I don't think that I would be able to find the ones that were mentioned.

Default Last time I checked Bosch wasn't in the water pump business, any brand you find is

most likely going to be one of the brands mentioned.
    Oops , looks like I'm wrong, somebody is reboxing them for bosch from pepboys..
    and I forgot that my bosch dishwasher has a bosch water pump in it...

Quote Originally Posted by movado397
    What about bosch? I know that i already have lots of Bosch parts anyway. or, would you think that it would be a pain to put them on?

I don't think that I would be able to find the ones that were mentioned.
    Last edited by Bill R.; 04-22-2004 at 01:11 PM.

Alright, thanks!