GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: would it be OK to force a fully reclined seat upward.....

Default would it be OK to force a fully reclined seat upward.....

to get it out? would any seat motor damage occur if i had to do this? my passenger seat "fell" down some time ago when someone sat in it, i would assume that the cable sheath is too large on it. a 320 lb gentleman sat in the seat without telling me, and now the thing is firmly pressed against my back seat--as in, i can't pull my backseat out, it is that tightly pressed against it. i can't see any way (right now) that i could get wrenches/sockets in there to unbolt it and get it out. could i just stick a padded prybar (like a length of wood) under it and force the seat up? would this damage the motor/gearbox? thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Raise the front of the seat up as high as you can get it and then reach in under the front and remove the cable from the motor with the seat still in place, then you can put a drill motor on the cable end and spin it until it goes up... You will damage the seat gearbox if you try to force it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    to get it out? would any seat motor damage occur if i had to do this? my passenger seat "fell" down some time ago when someone sat in it, i would assume that the cable sheath is too large on it. a 320 lb gentleman sat in the seat without telling me, and now the thing is firmly pressed against my back seat--as in, i can't pull my backseat out, it is that tightly pressed against it. i can't see any way (right now) that i could get wrenches/sockets in there to unbolt it and get it out. could i just stick a padded prybar (like a length of wood) under it and force the seat up? would this damage the motor/gearbox? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    Raise the front of the seat up as high as you can get it and then reach in under the front and remove the cable from the motor with the seat still in place, then you can put a drill motor on the cable end and spin it until it goes up... You will damage the seat gearbox if you try to force it up.
    will attempt what you've suggested in the daylight. thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."