GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: anybody know what the acceptable play meas. are for ball joints....

Default anybody know what the acceptable play meas. are for ball joints....

namely the thrust arms. began my mini-quest to "restore" an arm without having to throw it in the garbage, and i'd like to know how much movement is acceptable. the closest i've found is a state roadworthiness testing PDF that gives 5 series up to 1988 a max play of .030, and three series (E36) of .050. thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default the ones I sent have about 100 thou, not acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    namely the thrust arms. began my mini-quest to "restore" an arm without having to throw it in the garbage, and i'd like to know how much movement is acceptable. the closest i've found is a state roadworthiness testing PDF that gives 5 series up to 1988 a max play of .030, and three series (E36) of .050. thanks.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

No offense, but why go thru the trouble? Just curious...I too am sitting on a used set, actually, they are sitting next to the garbage can...haven't been able to toss them yet...especially since the price of steel is going through the roof. probably could get a few pennys... All kidding aside, if you determine that it can be done, I'd be interested in knowing how much it cost you to restore them...and let us know how much fun you had doing it (ie. time and beers).
    '94 540I A (149K miles on orig. Nik motor) & EAT enhanced

its not so much that the distance matters right now, i'd just like to have the figure. oh, and about your estimation....i measured both. L has .035, R has .055, so one of them might "technically" be in wear OK range......i can just imagine the guffaws im going to get when i post the pic to the board of them restored with zerks
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."