GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: strange smoke coming from underneath the car.

Default strange smoke coming from underneath the car.

hi guys how ae you doing? i have been an active reader on this forum and it has helped me with the various problems i have had with my car. first off let me say i have an 89 535i, with about 200,700 miles on it, i must say it is probably the most exceptional car i have driven. well here is my problem i have been out of town for a couple of weeks and i let my cousin drive my car while i was away, upon my arrival she tells me that she accidently ran over a one of those milk crates and in the course of doing so she messed up my botom air vent of my bumper, but she said after she drives the car she notices smoke coming from undreneath the car, so i drive it around for a while and i notice the smoke coming out from the wheel wells, the engine vent, i open the hood and i smell burning oil, so i suspect a leak so i take it to a mechanic by the house and he says that my oil pan is leaking but when i look at the oil pan i notice no cracks on the oil pan, so i am in the process of getting another oil pan, so if there any other suggestions you can give me that might be causing this problem or any solutions it would be deeply appreciated as finding these oil pans are hard enough as it is and the dealership wants $700 for it, and i am not feeling to pay that. so any help would be appriciated.

Pans are available regularly -- I think there's one in the for sale section now, and I also see them on ebay from time to time.

Also, I have an extra in the garage, bead blasted and cleaned of all sludge/residue, but I'm not sure that I want to part with it. If worst comes to worst, send me a message.