GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you recommend fuel injectors for my BMW? 19# ?

Default Would you recommend fuel injectors for my BMW? 19# ?

It is time to replace the fuel injectors in my 1992 BMW 525i E34 M50 2,5L non vanos? One has a tip broken in half. Many fins are broken off too. The only engine enhancements I have is a Dinan performance chip, a K&N replacement filter and a lower coolant temperature switch.

I currently have stock Bosch part # 0-280-150-415 fuel injectors that flow at 18.10# at 3.5 bars (50.75 PSI) fuel pressure.

I have heard about the low cost, better spray pattern, better gas mileage and perhaps improved performance of 19# Mustang fuel injectors with Bosch part # 0-280-150-943. I also like these because they do not have the fins that break off. These are rated at 18.25# at 3.0 bars (43.50 PSI) which is real close to the 18.10# in my stock injectors. The problem is that they would flow at 19.71# with the extra half bar of fuel pressure in my engine.

I am concerned that this is too rich for my engine. The difference in the flow rates is 1.46# and do not know if this is a lot or a little. I heard that the engine computer will adjust for the richer spray at idle. I do not know how the richer mix would affect acceleration. I am a novice and really do not know what I am doing.

One thought is to use in a 3 bar fuel pressure regulator with the 19# Mustang injectors. Another thought is to use Mustang injectors that flow at 16.75# at 3 bar because they would flow at 18.09# at 3.5 bar. That is also real close the the 18.10# in my stock injectors. I don't know if those kind of injectors even exist.

Any ideas or experiences , including sources to purchase from and web sites to reference, that could help me would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: I pulled these figures from Stan Weiss' Electronic Fuel Injector (EFI) Flow Data Table at http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm#BOSCH and I did the flow conversion for varying fuel pressure at http://users.erols.com/srweiss/calcpchg.htm

the fins you speak of are just part of the replaceable heat shields, i am not sure how mustang sticks perform in a m50, id stick with the correct injectors as i think they have a specific spray pattern for the intake port, if you live in or near a big city theres probably a place that can rebuild and check your injectors for less or about the same as some mustang's off ebay, diesel repair shops usually do it or would know where
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I put them in 635CSI and what an improvement. Smoother idle, great gas mileage and good pull from power. I do not know how they would work in a 2.5l motor. Good luck,
    Rick
    I sell Honda's so I can own BMW's

they work about perfect in a m30, a little big but they work in a m20, just not sure if they are ideal in a m50

Quote Originally Posted by ricksaia
    I put them in 635CSI and what an improvement. Smoother idle, great gas mileage and good pull from power. I do not know how they would work in a 2.5l motor. Good luck,
    Rick
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Bosch 0280150415
    6/Set $254.60
    plus $90 refundable core chg.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsBMW.asp
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Default RE: Fuel injectors for 92 BMW 525i E34 M50

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    the fins you speak of are just part of the replaceable heat shields, i am not sure how mustang sticks perform in a m50, id stick with the correct injectors as i think they have a specific spray pattern for the intake port, if you live in or near a big city theres probably a place that can rebuild and check your injectors for less or about the same as some mustang's off ebay, diesel repair shops usually do it or would know where
    I know the fins are part of the replaceable tip. Do you have any resources you can direct me to regarding the spray pattern matching up with the intake port that you threw out there? I know I can rebuild my injectors or return them as a core for reconditioned. Do you have any specific recommendations, experiences or resources regarding using Ford Mustang injectors and perhaps a different fuel pressure regulator in an M50 engine?

Quote Originally Posted by ricksaia
    Rick
    What is the Bosch part # for the original stock injectors in your engine and for the Ford Mustang injectors that you replaced them with? I want to compare the flow and fuel pressure ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    they work about perfect in a m30, a little big but they work in a m20, just not sure if they are ideal in a m50
    What is the Bosch part # for the original stock injectors in the M30 and M20 they work in so well and for the Ford Mustang injectors that you replaced them with? I want to compare the flow and fuel pressure ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by BillionPa
    Bosch 0280150415
    6/Set $254.60
    plus $90 refundable core chg.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsBMW.asp
    Thanks for the information. Do you have any specific recommendations, experiences or resources regarding using Ford Mustang injectors and perhaps a different fuel pressure regulator in an M50 engine?

Evidently you edited the post about threw out there, regarding the injection angles and ports. Meanwhile i was converting that info to something i could post. Here it is. I'm not certain if you still want it since you changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by bissellh
    Thanks for the information. Do you have any specific recommendations, experiences or resources regarding using Ford Mustang injectors and perhaps a different fuel pressure regulator in an M50 engine?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast