GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Thrust & Lower Control Arm PowerFlex Bushes

Default Thrust & Lower Control Arm PowerFlex Bushes

Anyone tried these here? Heard some good comments on a U.K. E32 board.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E34-E32-Th...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Anyone tried these here? Heard some good comments on a U.K. E32 board.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E34-E32-Th...QQcmdZViewItem
    I just bought the front sets as well as the rear subframe bushings, but have not installed them yet. I am still waiting on a set of lower control arms to come in and then I will be installing these along with some Konis and H&R's. Quality looks nice on them however. I bought mine from AAK Motorsports at a discounted price.

Jimmy

Default Are they polyurethane?

I've read a number of times in various forums that polyurethane is not a great material for car suspensions. It transmits a lot more vibration and also doesn't allow components the freedom of travel they may need. I've also heard that the stuff can degrade quickly. I don't know these things for certain, but thought I'd pass the info on if you wanted to investigate. I do know that my brother had some poly bushings on his old '79 Mercury Capri that he had fixed up. He just converted back to some stock type bushings and said it vastly improved the ride.

I currently have the factory sport springs on my 1991 535i, along with Racing Dynamics sway bars and Boge gas struts. I also have 17" style 5 wheels with Bridgestone Turanza LS-Z tires. To be honest, I wish my car rode a bit better. Mind you, it's not harsh. But I just wish it had a bit more compliance in the ride. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably leave in the factory springs and possibly go with 16" wheels/tires. I think that would be a great compromise in ride vs. handling.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
    1991 535i

Quote Originally Posted by Robert K
    I've read a number of times in various forums that polyurethane is not a great material for car suspensions. It transmits a lot more vibration and also doesn't allow components the freedom of travel they may need. I've also heard that the stuff can degrade quickly. I don't know these things for certain, but thought I'd pass the info on if you wanted to investigate. I do know that my brother had some poly bushings on his old '79 Mercury Capri that he had fixed up. He just converted back to some stock type bushings and said it vastly improved the ride.
    Grace and peace,
    Robert K
    1991 535i
    The quality of polyurethane suspension parts is superior to rubber in longevity and performance, but it depends on who is making them.
    Those cheap kits that have the rock hard polyurethane are really useless.
    Places like http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/hyperfl.html engineer the dura (hardness) of the polyurethane to match performance desired.
    They don't have much for BMW's but I got the complete suspension kit for my Rx7 and it's night and day differance. The Dura of the polyurethane in my kit is slightly firmer than the original natural rubber bushings.
    So shop around for reputable manufactures of engineered polyurethane suspension parts, and you will be a true believer IMO......
    1991 525i M50 5 Sp.
    N.California

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt