GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: M20 stroker in an E34??

Default M20 stroker in an E34??

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt some of the early E34s have M20s?? Has anyone used like the 3.2 stroker setup that many people put into E30s?

Just curious.

seen it, neat but pricy, it's the long expensive way to have a 535, you spend several grand to have a engine about as powerful as a m30b35 with just a chip and it's less durable, the stroker shines in cars that have smaller engine bays, a m30 fits in a e30 but it's tight and a little heavy when inserted in place of a m20
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    you spend several grand to have a engine about as powerful as a m30b35 with just a chip and it's less durable, the stroker shines in cars that have smaller engine bay
    Why is the stroker setup less durable?
    -Mike

not many motors can match a m30 for long life and a built high performance motor will be higher stressed, this doesn't mean it won't live a long live but it's at a disadvantage and depends on the skills of the builder to assemble a balanced package where the average mass produced m30 can easily pass 300k miles with little more then some head work around 200k, i am not knocking a m20 i like them and have most of the stuff to build a stroker for my e30, just reality

ps you could spend the cost of a decent running 535 building a big stroker with off the shelf parts

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Son
    Why is the stroker setup less durable?
    Last edited by winfred; 12-23-2006 at 10:06 PM.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

The M20 eta 2.7 conversion is a well documented and not-so-costly conversion, using stock BMW parts.

Cheers,

Shaun M