GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 530 V8 Tourer E34 1994 - Front seat Belts

Default 530 V8 Tourer E34 1994 - Front seat Belts

Hi

Both my front seat belts have difficulty retracting, especially the drivers. I think there may have been a recall but my vehicle never had them replaced. The driver's belt really needs attention as it fails to retract about a foot of belt and this has to be manually pushed back. This seat belt only just functions. I wonder if anyone else has encountered problems and what would be the best thing to do - get some replacement belts before even looking? Could they just require a clean? Any advice on the procedure for replacement etc.

Thanks

signetone

VIN WBAHK220X0GF75266

Is it possible they just got twisted back inside the housing? Are the buckles on the belts turned the right way or is the belt now twisted across your chest when it's connected? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA1
    Is it possible they just got twisted back inside the housing? Are the buckles on the belts turned the right way or is the belt now twisted across your chest when it's connected? Just a thought.
    Hi

I do not think so really. The buckles are fine - the drivers side is the worst but the passenger side does not retract properly.

I wonder if there was a batch fault with the mechanism? The car is 1994 but has only done 40k miles - I can get one from a breakers for about 20ukp.

Anyone ever took one out - would to hear any advice? I would like to replace the drivers side, if that is what is necessary.

Thanks Again

Signetone