GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing Dynamics Swaybar color

Default Racing Dynamics Swaybar color

Hey guys, quick question, Im in talks about buying a used RD kit but I need confirmation on what color its suppose to be. I thought they were green (as pictured on bmw34.net) but the one im looking at is blue. Does/has any installed a set of RD swaybars and can confirm what color they should be??
    Or how I can tell if its authentic RD?

Thanks!

Did you contact RD?
    www.universal5.com
    Orange Tool Forum
    San Diego, CA

1994 e34 530i Eibachs/KYB
    0 miles on new windshield

I contacted RD USA and they said their bars are green, but RD Italy says their bars are blue...

RD Italy is the "real" RD, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

There was a big blow up between RD (Italy) and RD-USA. Not sure of all the details, but I think it's still sort of going on. Both claim to be the "real" RD, and I think both make quality products- but what you heard from RD USA about their bars (and springs) being green and RD (Italy) bars and springs being blue is true AFAIK. Not sure if they are essentially the same parts other than color- but they are both good aftermarket parts.

Bret.

TC535i Guest

I think you have that backwards. Racing Dynamics (Italy) stuff is green. I have their original sway bars on my white car. RD Sport, the US company, has blue stuff.

Ok - so these guys are in my backyard. In fact they are across the street from my mechanic in Alexandria VA. Racing Dynamics (US) Swaybars are green. I have them installed on my car and I walked them across the street from Racing Dynamics Retail outlet.

The story between Racing Dynamics (the real Racing Dynamics) and RD Sport is that there once was a partnership between the guys in VA and a guy named Federico to sell Performance BMW parts. It was very successful. At one point Federico offered to sell the Racing Dynamics Name and Branding to the VA partners. They took him up on the offer and bought the rights to the name and the Brand.

All was fine until Federico moved to Italy and started selling products under the Racing Dynamics name. There were several court proceedings that prevented Federico from using the Racing Dynamics name in any way. He was then forced to change the name of his company to RD SPort. It was later determined that Federico had sold the Racing Dynamics Name and Brand to a few other people as well.

So to sum up. Racing Dynamics is US and located in Alexandria VA - the only Racing Dynamics. RD Sport is in Italy and the one that Federico opened after being sued for using the Racing Dynamics name after he didnt own it.

Hope this helps. - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

My RD bars, which were bought from Electrodyne or Racing Dynamics USA, are blue. They were bought on the group buy in 2002.

All I have to say is....

**** Federico. ****er made me wait 3 months for my wheels with my cash in his pocket (for no good reason).

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

TC535i Guest

yeaaaaah... I know another 95 525iA owner that's not so happy with Federico right now (re: a quad exhaust for his 05 545i)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast