GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OMG. Update on my uppercontrol arms/tie rods

Default OMG. Update on my uppercontrol arms/tie rods

Well, I don't know if many people care but I figured I'd post an update on my car.

Today I just got back my car from the shop.

I installed the upper control arms from lemforder and the tie rods from Flennor.

***Side note - I still have to contact BMAparts.com because they send me a defective product. At first, they told us that they only had one flennor tie rod, so they'll send me this other brand for FREE. Which I appreciate. But they called back saying that they "found" the other one.

When the mechanic tried installing my tierod he found out that they send me a DEFECTIVE tie rod (someone airgunned the bolt to the thread or something like that) and he had to go and pick up a part 30 miles away. I'll be contacting BMA to get compensation for this because it cost more money for the extra part and more money for labor.***

When I got the car back, everything was installed successfully but it still had the shakes bad. I spoke with Dan, the suspensions guy, and he told me it's because I had terrible wear on my front tires.

So I took it to a local shop down the street and they put in new front tires.

and all I have to say is...

OH MY GOD...

this car drives so freaking beautiful that I've fallen in love with this car all over again. I've missed how it felt to drive this car without the shimmy problem and now it's like a total brand new car.

The reason I've posted this was for some people to realize (if they haven't already like me) that the tires itself plays a big role on displaying symptoms of the notorious shimmy problem and they should check their tires before moving to more expensive parts like control arms.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

wow, I thought this was going to have a bad ending... congrats on your *new* BMW
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    wow, I thought this was going to have a bad ending... congrats on your *new* BMW

LOL thank you buddy! I thought so as well. I was so sure that i acquired collateral damage for driving so long without fixing the problem. BTW, how'd you do on that online riddle? Get passed level three yet? Keep going ... it gets fun until you're stuck at level 12 like me

i cant wait to see what its like to drive on the highway when my suspension is finished.