GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Tranny filter, Oil Pan gasket and Fuel filter R&R

Default Tranny filter, Oil Pan gasket and Fuel filter R&R

Hi All,

I am planning to do few maintenance type R&R. I have some doubts and need your advice.

1. Do I have to replace these brackets & hex bolts that holds the tranny oil pan? 4, 5 & 6 in picture http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...04&hg=24&fg=15
    2. Can I replace the elbow hoses connected to fuel filter (19 in pic) with hoses from Auto zone type stores? http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...86&hg=16&fg=15
    3. Do I have to replace the hex bolts holding the oil pan while replacing oil pan gasket?

Thanks
    Arun
    530i / Nikasil M60 3 Ltr Motor / ZF5HP18 (A5S 310Z) Tranny / Prod: March 95 / Fully stock / 95K miles

1) no
    2) no, the regular hoses will kink when you bend them, you need the molded high pressure ones.
    3) no

1. Do I have to replace these brackets & hex bolts that holds the tranny oil pan? 4, 5 & 6 in picture http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...04&hg=24&fg=15
    2. Can I replace the elbow hoses connected to fuel filter (19 in pic) with hoses from Auto zone type stores? http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...86&hg=16&fg=15
    3. Do I have to replace the hex bolts holding the oil pan while replacing oil pan gasket?

Thanks
    Arun[/quote]
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

i replaced all the pan bolts when i did my oil pump, only because half of the old ones were all rusty and ugly, not all the same size/brand, and now it looks all spanking new!
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    2) no, the regular hoses will kink when you bend them, you need the molded high pressure ones.
    Regal,

Thanks for your clarifications. They do have some bent (pre molded) elbow fuel hoses in the Auto zone in my area. Can I use them instead?

Thanks
    Arun
    530i / Nikasil M60 3 Ltr Motor / ZF5HP18 (A5S 310Z) Tranny / Prod: March 95 / Fully stock / 95K miles

Only if the fuel hose is rated for EFI. There are plenty of pre molded fuel hoses at any local parts store, but only rated for the 7PSI or so that are used in an old carb application. I would only reccomend an EFI rated molded host such as the OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinewhite
    Regal,

Thanks for your clarifications. They do have some bent (pre molded) elbow fuel hoses in the Auto zone in my area. Can I use them instead?

Thanks
    Arun

Quote Originally Posted by clindahl
    Only if the fuel hose is rated for EFI. There are plenty of pre molded fuel hoses at any local parts store, but only rated for the 7PSI or so that are used in an old carb application. I would only reccomend an EFI rated molded host such as the OEM.
    I am really dumb. What is EFI rating? Can I ask for a EFI rated hose in stores like Autozone? Will they understand EFI rating?

Thanks for your answers and time.

Thanks
    Arun

thats for fuel injected cars. just ask if it can take at least 60psi (55 will be ok i think)
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

and my at least, i mean MINIMUM operating pressure, not burst pressure. good EFI hose will be 100+ operating and 700+ burst.