GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the 530 chip is in!!!

Default the 530 chip is in!!!

received the Turner chip today as promised so in 5 minutes I very carefully replaced the stock chip with the new mystery one. No waiting to get home this time!

Went for a casual cruise to warm the old 530 up, didn't notice the part throttle response that Marks chip had and the mileage doesnt seem to have went up either. Same amount of peddle required to get the thing moving so I was anxiously wondering if this was a blatant misuse of my economicaly challenged funds. My main concern was the transmission shifting problem and engine code lights that I had previously with Marks chip, none at all just like stock.

I glance down at the guage...warm. Turn around give her about half throttle, definite improvement! As I anxiously wait for the light to change I wonder if it's my imagination hoping for an improvement. Green means go so I flatten the peddle and notice that the power band has lowered about 1000 RPM's making it much better than stock! Once in the band it pulled with a definite increase, like I changed the rear gears or gutted about 500 pounds off the car.

After waiting 6 months I finally have a chip that puts a smile on my face like a kid at a carnival! Costed a bit more for the Turner chip but I feel that it was well spent after all.

Who can put a price on a kids smile?

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

The Turner is a Conforti, correct?

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

So it sounds like your happy Jeff and that's all that matters.
    Tim S. has sent an extra chip he had, via UPS and I've been tracking it.
    It reports that it will be here on the 23rd, Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm getting excited just talking about it!

Enjoy Jeff

Keith

Turners chips are bragging to be programmed by Conforti, the only info they asked was the 404 refrence on the DME and if it was an automatic. They have it down to a science I guess.

There is no flat spot in this chip as I read about that on other chips (Dinan) which is what swayed my choice to the Turner. Next improvement I will do is replace the stock 3:15 rear with a 3:46 thanks to Martin in Bellview which should help the initial take off. Maybe a trans chip after that to increase the shift points to make up for the gear change.

The drive home from work was the second chance to test it out and again I had a big smile on my face as I revved through the gears. I will monitor the mileage issue throught the week and see if there is any improvement but I don't think there will be.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Rock on man. Limited slip?

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

unlimited slip
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Jeff where can I get one. What was the overall hP increase if any.

Default Turner Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by TTyMiller
    Jeff where can I get one. What was the overall hP increase if any.
    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...p?subcat_id=74

AVG MPG from 19.9 to 22.8 from the stocker chip after about 2 tanks so far. The 19.9 was averaged over a long time. Guess there is a benefit there too.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

If you disconnect your automatic transmission computer for about 10 minutes it will forget the lazy programming since it is adaptive and run ever stronger.
    Mike Holbrook
    Meridian, Idaho
    1992 535im, 17", Euro M5 Throwing Stars 8's & 9's, FK-451 235/45s & 255/40s, M5 Sway Bars 25/20, Conforti chip, Lowes Ram Air, glass sunroof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast