GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I'm gonna say F it...

Default So I'm gonna say F it...

So **** the guy who sold me the crappy Hella EE's...I'm gonna get BRAND NEW ones for xmas. So I'm thinking to myself, when I put those in, why not put in HID's at the same time.

Looking for 4300 or 5000k's (so I dont get rolled), how does this kit look to you guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...ayphotohosting

Aside from def. talking to Tim, (TC535i), anyone else have any input?

PS, so I changed my fuel filter today, my shop teacher said I did not need to clamp the lines, and I ended up with gas all over myself. The good part about auto is that I had like 3 other people helping me get the new one in, without minimal spilage.

Tell your shop teacher:
    With the engine running, remove the fuel pump fuse. A few seconds later the engine will cut out, but you will have reduced the pressure in the pipes. Now switch off the ignition.

Then you have not much spill.

Or just take out the fuse then turn the engine over a few times. It will just sputter and die. Same concept though... Just a little less sketchy in my opinion. For no good reason really.

do it! 5000K is the pure white color, whereas 6000 has a slight blue tint and 4300 has a slight yellow tint (even though the post says that about the 5000)
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

6000 is where it's at. EE's and 6000k is what I have.

As for where you're getting them from, sounds good, I've had two of my friends buy from that seller and were very happy.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Want light? Ok 5000k. Want to be a little bit different? Go 5000k... that will enhance the blue/purple cutoff fringe even more without being "poser-xenox-overwattage-bulb-blue" like.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by danielhstout
    Or just take out the fuse then turn the engine over a few times. It will just sputter and die. Same concept though... Just a little less sketchy in my opinion. For no good reason really.
    That actually sounds like a better idea to me. I have removed the fuse while the engine was running numerous times for injectors, fuel filter and fuel level sender; and i never feel too good about the engine sputtering and vibrating as it dies. Next time i will just crank the engine with the fuse out.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

BTW, clamping hoses on cars of this age is probably not a good idea unless they have been replaced recently, thats probably why your shop teacher recommended against it.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

TC535i Guest

Any news on the braking noise? Top up the power steering fluid yet?

TC535i Guest

Too much $$ on the HID kit. PM me, I'll get you set up with a set way cheaper.

BTW, are you getting normal headlights or smoked?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast