GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 95 525i Wagon Replace Fog Light Bulbs

Default 95 525i Wagon Replace Fog Light Bulbs

I cannnot get Right Front Fog Light off the car to replace Bulb. There are 4 bolts with Allen (or mayby Torx) socket type heads that seat the "bulb Carrier (my definition) into the back of the lens case. And then there are 2 brackets -1 on each side of the Fog light case securing the fog light case to the plastic faring. The inboard bracket has 1 or 2 bolts but I don't see any bolts or fasteners on the outboard bracket. However it looks like if I remove the bolts on the inboard I can then slip the Fog light out of the outboard bracket.

Am I approaching this correctly? Any insight would be appreciated. This should be a simple project and I apologize in advance for such a dumb ass request for assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanRoughDraft
    I cannnot get Right Front Fog Light off the car to replace Bulb. There are 4 bolts with Allen (or mayby Torx) socket type heads that seat the "bulb Carrier (my definition) into the back of the lens case. And then there are 2 brackets -1 on each side of the Fog light case securing the fog light case to the plastic faring. The inboard bracket has 1 or 2 bolts but I don't see any bolts or fasteners on the outboard bracket. However it looks like if I remove the bolts on the inboard I can then slip the Fog light out of the outboard bracket.

Am I approaching this correctly? Any insight would be appreciated. This should be a simple project and I apologize in advance for such a dumb ass request for assistance.
    OKAY, I have answered my own Question - I did remove the 2 left hand (Inboard) bolts w/ an 8mm socket and pulled the Outboard side of the Fog assembly's ball out of the socket.

I don't recall having to remove the whole lamp to replace the bulb. Just reach in there and rotate the bulb-holder 1/4-turn-or-so counter-clockwise back where the plug is, pull it out, and replace the bulb.