GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: EAT chip question

Default EAT chip question

There are two versions of EAT chip on dsylva-tech.ca website, "stock rev. limit" and "rev limit increased". For those of you who installed EAT chip, which one do you recommend?

thanks.
    (SOLD) 92 525ia M50 | NGK plug | JVC AR560 | EAT chip | California

dont matter unless you want to rev the piss outta it, do you have problems hitting the limiter now?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

you have an auto, stick with stock.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Quote Originally Posted by BillionPa
    you have an auto, stick with stock.
    Is this because the trans program won't let the engine rev out to the higher limit? Or do the stock cams run out of wind at that high of revs?

Brian

I've got a 535iM with a raised limit that came with the car, but I would have preferred the stock one. I figure if BMW engineers made it that way, there's a reason.

Default I got a '93 525ia w/the raised limit...

...think it (my M50TU) maxes at about 6200-6300 w/the EAT and is well extended by then... if I recall the stock is about 5800?... but I do like the option to wind it up a little more. I'd say if it's only a few bucks more go for it... I think that also removes the top speed limiter... not sure... had it up to about 125 on an airfield once and didn't hit any governor.

but you got the double valve springs and can rev higher w/less worry, etc so I'd say get the increased rev chip and see... either way you really can't go wrong, and there's really not a WHOLE lot of difference....

not a WHOLE lot of difference between chips, but w/the chip you will see noticable difference.... strong smooth pull, and gets on it a bit more at 3K RPM and up...

then when the temp drops below 60F and you're on an empty tank, you may get a notion you're in a 535 (gee that comment could open some debate...) ha ha.

good luck.
    1993 / 525ia / M50TU / EAT / Sachs / Infiniti Kappa & Basslink / super clean / Style 5s wearing Pilots / Mobil 1 everywhere / long road ahead

i can't seem to get any response from the company via email - their website doesn't list the exact gains of their chips - what would i be looking at on a 91 m50 engine?

Thanks for the info. I think I stick with the stock limit. I seldom pass the 6000rpm. I'm excited to get the EAT chip. I need more low-end power.

repenttokyo, according to bmwe34.net. For M50 non-Vanos, you'll get a peak 20hp and 13 torq gain with the chip.
    (SOLD) 92 525ia M50 | NGK plug | JVC AR560 | EAT chip | California

Quote Originally Posted by bigtisas
    Thanks for the info. I think I stick with the stock limit. I seldom pass the 6000rpm. I'm excited to get the EAT chip. I need more low-end power.

repenttokyo, according to bmwe34.net. For M50 non-Vanos, you'll get a peak 20hp and 13 torq gain with the chip.

i saw the page on e34net that I think you are referring to, but the hp figures he quoted were for the Conforti chip if i'm not mistaken...

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/chip.htm - this page?

I can't get any replies to my emails from EAT...