GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Introduction and a question

Default Introduction and a question

Introduction first:

Hello, all! I've been lurking on this board on and off for a while, but as I've never owned an E34, I've never bothered posting. Well, that changed last wednesday. I've been looking for a replacement daily driver for my '83 533i (325k miles on the chassis and 225k miles on the motor), and found it two saturdays ago. It's a '90 535i w/ 150k miles in good shape and a very reasonable price (I almost felt guilty paying the guy so little. Almost - the way I figure it, I'm saving the car from another 150k miles of less than perfect care, so a price discount is deserved : )). Soooo, I bought it. And here I am. As much as I love my 533i, the fact of the matter is a 21 year old car makes a lousy daily driver. So far I've been dealing with the normal M30 issues (crappy idle, vacuum and air leaks from 14 year old, hardened & cracked rubber/plastic, and a really dingy engine and engine bay), but all in all, I'm very pleased. It's no where near as visceral, communicative and hands on as the E28, but it's still a fun car to drive. And it eats up the miles like no other. Where the E28 seduces you into playing (usually at speeds and with a driving style that would get you arrested in most states), the E34 just glides along, happy to do nothing more than just cruise. At deceptively fast speends. Very unnerving the first time I did it - I'm not used to the big six motor being that happy about not revving like mad. It's going to take some getting used to. Anyways, I'm not sure how much time I'll be spending over here as I'm still going to be very active on the MyE28 board (the 533i is not going anywhere - I'm too in love with that car to ever sell it), but I will most definitely be dropping in from time to time, so I figured an introduction was in order.

Now the question:

This one is aimed mostly at mikemaster and Mark D'Silva. I've been following D'Silva's progress with his chips for some time, and have wanted to try one out, but haven't bothered because the chip I have in my E28 is just so absolutely perfect for my driving style. Now that I have an unchipped car in my possession, I'd love to try one of them. My fun money for the month is currently sitting out front of my apartment and I won't have any more until the first of the month. How long do I have to get in on the group buy?

Chris H
    '83 533i
    '90 535i

PS Pics of my car are posted at:
    http://photos.yahoo.com/cbhfw
    they're under the E34 album

PPS I'm located in Arlington, TX (right smack in the middle of the Dallas - Fort Worth metroplex). I stay pretty busy with school, work and the local E28 group, but if there's an E34 group in the area, I'd love to meet all of you, or, if there's anyone in the DFW area looking for a group of hard core, dedicated BMW nuts to hang out with, the E28 group is always willing to let "outsiders" hang out with us.

Default Yes, there are a few of us in the DFW area.

I live in Milothian and commute to Ft. Worth every day. If you've seen the posts from Matt P the last few days he is in Carrolton (I believe). There are one or two others also.

Funny, I was talking to one of my daughters about the possiblility of her going to UTA next year.

Anyway, we are here but haven't gotten together yet (unless I missed it).
    Mark Hall
    '95 525iA EAT chipped (just one now )
    '98 528iA

Hello fellow E34 local, I live at 360 and Trinity just south of DFW Airport. I hang out with a lot of E36 and random ///M car guys, i would LOVE to not be the only E34 in the group now I know of about 3 other owners in the DFW area so far. Welcome to the board though!

Brandon H
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.