GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwegian E34 w/ twinturbo on a 850CSI engine

Default Norwegian E34 w/ twinturbo on a 850CSI engine

Pretty insane if you ask me...

LINK: http://www.bilforumet.net/showthread...=142822&page=1

A couple of low quality movies (you need quicktime to get the sound working)

http://www.crxsol.com/e30big/MOV00393.3GP

http://www.crxsol.com/e30big/MOV00403.3GP
    Eurospec-12/1988-535iL-M30B35-5speed

Looks cramped but it all fits in there.

That is the most frigggin' beastly BMW i have ever heard! I'm going to record it and play in my car...lol
    Too many cars that need work... Looking for a beater E32/E34/E36 to use while i finish a couple projects

awesome :d
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Clean looking setup, but I'm confused by the hard pipe running between the two charge pipes. I suspect they were trying to equalize pressure but the twin setups and engine management runs each bank seperately, so I dont see a point to it.

The use of zip ties on oil lines like that is kind of sad too

Quote Originally Posted by MPD47
    Clean looking setup, but I'm confused by the hard pipe running between the two charge pipes. I suspect they were trying to equalize pressure but the twin setups and engine management runs each bank seperately, so I dont see a point to it.

The use of zip ties on oil lines like that is kind of sad too
    Safety? If one pops, the other bank will not be thrown out of whack... also, it ensures consistent pressure, keeping everything the same. Makes for easier troubleshooting.

I don't get how all that stuff can live (ABS unit, heater valves, ebox) so near to the turbos. Up on the towers the turbos are not gettting any airflow. ONce they get hot they will melt anything near them. The pipe work is awesome but I can't see how all that heat can be delt with... it could end up a pretty big mess- then again it depends on the boost one uses- if its a low pressure it won't get too critical but one needs to design this stuff for a little abuse... has the AC been deleted too? I can't quite tell but can't imagine a compressor and an condenser in there AS WELL...

That is certainly the way to charge an e34 though... what a nightmare it'd be getting it all to fit, or even just changing the plugs.
    Last edited by genphreak; 12-12-2006 at 02:02 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Looks like a chore to change the air filters (least the left one)!!!!

Movies don't seem to download for me
    [1994 530i/5-Speed]

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    Safety? If one pops, the other bank will not be thrown out of whack... also, it ensures consistent pressure, keeping everything the same. Makes for easier troubleshooting.

I don't get how all that stuff can live (ABS unit, heater valves, ebox) so near to the turbos. Up on the towers the turbos are not gettting any airflow. ONce they get hot they will melt anything near them. The pipe work is awesome but I can't see how all that heat can be delt with... it could end up a pretty big mess- then again it depends on the boost one uses- if its a low pressure it won't get too critical but one needs to design this stuff for a little abuse... has the AC been deleted too? I can't quite tell but can't imagine a compressor and an condenser in there AS WELL...

That is certainly the way to charge an e34 though... what a nightmare it'd be getting it all to fit, or even just changing the plugs.

I bet i know how he keeps them cool... By not driving with his hood on
    Too many cars that need work... Looking for a beater E32/E34/E36 to use while i finish a couple projects

Awesome! He really need cold air intake instead of sucking engine bay air.

All of you criticizing this guy,why not post pics of YOUR v12 TT setup in your e34..Show us all how its to be done then...

This guy has the balls to ACTUALLY do this to his car and all you blokes have to say is how bad this and how bad that was done...

Bloody hypocrites..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast