GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: throttle; no response sometimes

Default throttle; no response sometimes

Finally we have an 8 board in bimmer

it just happened few days ago, I can't really ideantify what's going wrong, but I sometimes go over 200Km/h and I feel no more accelaration until I remove my foot off the accelarator then step again then it cont. to accelarate. any idea what's wrong? last week my car just gave an EML light and lost lots of power, I switched it off then on again and everything was back to normal.

Thanks for the help.

sounds like the stepper motors need rebuilding, common issue. http://www.wuffer.net/page5.html
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

are these the symptoms?

update - today the throttle seemed to hang more often, especially over 3K RPM I need to release my foot then step again to make it accelarate. or it feels like I crused it at that speed it stopped at.

just order the rebuilt set, at $125US it's a no brainer even if it dont help. your symptoms are the same with what I read. only thing is he charges a core til you send your old ones back. I saw a rebuilt set go for US $900.00 about a month ago.

the problem is they gunk up a bit at the brushes and dont get a good signal. I read and bookmarked a site but the work involved looks a bit complicated. If I have any problems like that I'll get the rebuilt set and send mine back instead of messing them up and making them worse.
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 12-13-2006 at 04:12 AM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

The throttle bodies (DK's) on the V12 need to be cleaned anytime after 80K miles and sometimes sooner. As previously stated, they build up a residue of old grease and carbon dust from the brushes in the motor and can become quite sticky. R&R'ing DK motors is a relatively easy D-I-Y project but you should be prepared to replace the vacuum hoses (both large and small) that run from the DK's to the charcoal canister and fuel regulators. At 110K miles, the larger hoses especially will be very brittle and likely shatter when attempting removal. After installation a coast down procedure should be performed to synchronize the banks.
    I do provide, as a service to the E31 community, refurbished DK motors on an exchange basis for $120/pair US including shipping via UPS Ground to any North American destination. New installation gaskets are also included. My only expectation is that cores be returned in a timely manner at your expense to me. I have a total of 8 sets available and in curculation at any time.
    To learn more or to order a set, visit http://www.wuffer.net/page5.html or contact me direct at: wuffer@shaw.ca
    Hope this helps!

Thanks mate, well I have already 2 DK motors on my old engine, one of them was very new from the way it looks also the metal color was still shining. so I will remove them and clean them, buy 2 gaskets and install them. then maybe I will fix the 2 old ones for future fixes. I didn't think that this is the symptom of a bad DK motor. if I failed I will send you 4 motors and get refurbished ones.

That is a very fair price, Wuffer.
    I only hope that you always get back the old ones in time and without a problem.

I also have several pairs here which I refurbished for my friends in our E32 Club Japan.

for me it's a little expensive if I converted it to our local currency ... but I understood here that the electrical motor is the one that fails and needs fixing? or is it the mechanism gear that opens the throttle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast