GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is missing here?

Default What is missing here?

Well, AFTER you find waldo in the picture you can see why my engine bay is soooo dirty and coverd in oil

Snakeyes and I have a problem, We dont know where they go! we think the bigger port leads to somewhere under the intake manafold, but cant see exactly where, and the little port.... well we are lost on that one. anyone care to take a picture and show us where it is supposed to go? heh

Anyone? The top, bigger nipple belches oily smoke; thinking its a crankcase vent, and the little one, not sure what it is. We had it up on the lift this weekend and under the intake we saw a broken small diameter hose, so I'd like to verify if the little nipple's line goes there. Still no idea where the crankcase one above it goes though. We looked everywhere under the car and couldn't find another exposed nipple anywhere. Janet Jackson was unavailable for assistance.

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

There is 2 hose. larger one goes to the intake Elbow and a smaller hose goes under the intake manifold. I have swap those 2 hose out and replaced them with silicon hose.
    95 M-sport SOLD now NSX

Just as fkong said - the one hose goes down and hooks to the barb on the back/underside of the intake manifold and then to the intake boot. The little baby one goes to the idle control valve "flange" thing on the underside of intake manifold.

Chances are, if you don't have that big one hooked up, you have a hell of a vacuum leak since its post-maf

The weird thing is, the hose that was connected to the bigger nipple, it was tucked under the intake manafold on my car, and looked like it was cut... there was a deep razor blade looking cut and the ned of it was also a clean cut, the little line, well it was never there heh. I havnt noticed any problems with them not being connected besides the smell of exaugst everyonce in a while comming in the cabin.. been known to cause bad headaches for some people riding with me heh. Tomorrow before work i am going to be buying some hose and connect what I can, then clean the engine bay :P

Milk -

with that big ass hose not connected, your engine is sucking in unmetered air on the intake elbow (the rubber boot thing) and is running LEAN. Check it out!

Jon, he's got this other hose about 1/3 the way down the intake (if you're looking at the front of it nearest the radiator fan) and about 3 inches down going to the intake elbow. Actually, he and I have these line vent issues since my big nipple in the picture he had provided goes to the intake elbow, but the other big nipple, which I'll try to get a picture of later today goes nowhere. On his car, the other nipple goes to the intake elbow, and his exposed one.. well, you can see it goes no where and belches the oily smoke. I'll try to get a picture for you to check out since I'd really like to know where my exposed one goes as well.

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair

My 525 had gas fume when those 2 hose were cracked.. It was giving me a headache after driving the car. my hair even smell like gas. your car will run way better after the hose are in correctly. and use simple green to clean the oil on the motor.
    95 M-sport SOLD now NSX

Are you hoses still hooked up? if so a picture would be nice hehehe

Oh, and if anyone needs refrence from where the camera was when the picture was taken, I was on the driver side of the car by the hinge for the hood, pointing right over the oil filter... you can see the side of the intake manafold and part of the purdy cover on the engine too

[ yeah i acutally had people ask from where was i taking the picture, so thats why i am saying it]

I don't run those lines anymore with my setup. Here is a pic, I know it's hard to see, of the line on the underside of the manifold. It's really simple. I may draw it for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast