GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Changed seal on expansion tank

Default Changed seal on expansion tank

525i 1995.I have a small coolant leak somewhere and is collecting on usual drip pan.Last night changed seals on the expansion tank,hope this is it.Takes forever to bleed this system.On cars I ve had in the past you turn the heat wide open,but last night it was 22degs out and I couldnt get any coolent flow.Finally I went out ran the car hard got some flow and was able to bleed the system,but my heat is not getting real hot.Noticed the supply hoses to the heat valve are not full of fluid?Easy to pinch,where is the flow direction?thanks.

Expansion tank can warp and a new seal may not take care of it per my indy. My expansion tank leaks on the bottom seal (only in winter). The radiator was replaced 4 years ago. Even so, I plan to replace the tank when I change my coolant in a couple of months. Hate leaks of any kind.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Did you take the bleeder screw out when you filled the radiator? Its that huge + right next to the filler cap. Sounds like you didn't since your heat is weak, meaning coolant isn't getting up into the heater core due to air You'll be suprised how much the coolant leven drops when that little screw comes out! I almost got another full gallon in when I did. Oh, and don't run the car with the screw out, or you'll have a huge spraying fountain. It'll bleed just fine with the car off and the screw out (guess how I figured that one out)

"Scarlet" `97 540/6 with sleepy mods.
    "Box Car" '87 535isA - Old School Charm, new school Flair