GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Part number request...

Default Part number request...

Anyone know where to look on the ETK for the black plastic components I have circled in the picture?

I removed the door panel to replace the window slides (both of them on the driver's side door were broken) and I noticed one of the black plastic parts were missing. I'd like to replace it prior to putting everything back together. Also any leads on a deceit adhesive or epoxy that would adhere the plastic part to the door panel would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

David

Good question, I just checked realoem with no luck. I ordered the white plugs from BMA, and Patrick and Yves are very familiar with these parts. I wouldn't be surprised if they could find the plastic 'bracket' bits you're looking for quickly.

If I were to guess, they might be related to the parts in the
    connecting elements section, but I don't see an exact match.

In terms of fixing them to the door panel, Gorilla Glue would be my choice. Its what I've used to repair saggy rear door panels and it worked great.

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Can't offer much help on finding the brackets, but when a couple of mine fell of on a rear door I attached them back with some 5 minute epoxy. Roughen up the surfaces a little bit for the best hold. Mine are holding up great. HTH

Ask the dealer! They may have in stock. I purchased a couple once (cheap) as well as the white body connectors. The black pieces pop off easily when you remove the door panels.

I used 3M clear trim and emblem adhesive and clamped for about 10 minutes. Works fine. It was like the old model airplane glue, it seems to work well on a lot of BMW plastics.

BTW, the door pockets can also may need to reglued.
    Last edited by Russell; 11-26-2006 at 06:48 AM.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Anybody?

So I searched and searched and finally found this thread but it turns out it was no help... I geuss its off to my idiot stealer parts man...