Alright, I am new to the bimmer scene as well as working on them. If this were a chevy truck I would probably be able to see what was wrong and fix it.

Seeing as how that is not so:
1994 530im

I have a coolant leak that has been slowly dripping away for weeks. Didn't think much of it and this has been going on for about a month. About a week ago, my "coolant level" warning comes on again and the power steering is groaning. There are 2 different fluids that have leaked in my motor box, coolant, and power steering fluid.

I have seen and read most of the water pump replacement threads on a M60 and understand how to replace the water pump, which I ordered and arrived today. The thing I don't understand is are the power steering and the water pump connected? Did they both go out at the same time? Did the strain on the power steering from a slowly seizing water pump cause my power steering system to leak somewhere?

Another thing. Does anyone know of any good BMW repair shops or is there someone in Austin, TX that know's how to do this as inexpensively as possible?

Thanks guys.

P.S. What is self bleeding? Is this what is happening?