GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: locks wont open, need help

Default locks wont open, need help

went thru the search, tried the emergency unlock, wont open, not real good with electrical, if i use the trunk method can someone explain what i hook up, i really dont understand polarity, do i jump it from another car using cables?, please be detailed as im kinda stupid in this area, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barry 90 525i
    went thru the search, tried the emergency unlock, wont open, not real good with electrical, if i use the trunk method can someone explain what i hook up, i really dont understand polarity, do i jump it from another car using cables?, please be detailed as im kinda stupid in this area, thanks
    emergency unlock is a mechanical operation, it is designed to work with no power - i cant believe that its failed on both doors, try it again after double checking the manual

Default tried it over and over, no good

saw in older post that several others couldnt make it work either, im really stumped, saw in a post from shogun that in a wreck something makes the locks open, does anyone know how?, i dont want to break a window!

Quote Originally Posted by barry 90 525i
    saw in older post that several others couldnt make it work either, im really stumped, saw in a post from shogun that in a wreck something makes the locks open, does anyone know how?, i dont want to break a window!
    Read the manual and try it on both front doors since they changed to the passenger door very early in the E32/34 production. I've never had it not work. The emergency unlock in an accident requires battery power and an impact sensor to operate the locks. I believe the trunk method was simply to supply a 12v power supply to the trunk light wiring which should power the car enough to open the doors with the normal unlock-with-key method. Never tried it though. Good luck.

[QUOTE=BMWCCA1]The emergency unlock in an accident requires battery power and an impact sensor to operate the locks. QUOTE]

i wasnt refering to the crash sensor, incase my previous post gave the impression it was - just the mechanical procedure for opening the doors with no power

Quote Originally Posted by billy
    i wasnt refering to the crash sensor, incase my previous post gave the impression it was - just the mechanical procedure for opening the doors with no power
    Right, billy, but Barry was asking about the "wreck" mode, which is why I mentioned it in my reply. That's all. It won't work without a battery, either, but I agree with you; the doors should work with the key, regardless.

Default a strange coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA1
    Right, billy, but Barry was asking about the "wreck" mode, which is why I mentioned it in my reply. That's all. It won't work without a battery, either, but I agree with you; the doors should work with the key, regardless.
    as luck would have it, my car had the battery disconnected over the weekend....i locked it with the remote which double locks it then i disconnected the battery...i couldnt use the manual unlock procedure - which is a procedure i use all the time as im always working on something - so i know how to do it

so i guess bottom line is if you have deadlocked it first, you cant use the manual unloock procedure...although i checked the manual and it doesnt say you cant...

the way i managed to get in is because in the boot, i have wired a cigarette socket into the boot for a search light, which jumps into the trailor hitch wiring, which has a thick red perm + 12v wire - i just connected a second battery to this, which put power into the system and i unlocked it with the remote as normal...

Default talked to a bmw service adviser

he said the emergency unlock dosnt always work, he told me to try the starter method, so i hooked up the jumper cables and was able to unlock the car. thanks to everyone for there help