GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: car is leaking water

Default car is leaking water

Hey Every1,

My 89 520i is leaking water into the front passenger side footwell, so i took the carpet out and found lots of water and rust on the floor pan, and on further inspection i found that the bottom of the door apiture seal is soaking wet, What's the cause of this?

Thanx guys

Fraser

Do you have a sunroof? If so, clean the drain hoses, they might be plugged. They go down in the A-pillar.
    Pour some water into the drain holes at the sunroof and see if it comes out immy under the car.

yeah i've got a sunroof on the car, where abouts is the drain hoses and what do they look like?

thanx

16 WATER HOSE 1700MM 2 51731938347
    17 WATER HOSE 1700MM 2 51731938347
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...50&hg=54&fg=05

In total 4, 2 at the front and they go thru the A-pillars down, and 2 at the rear and they go down thru the C-pillars.
    On my E32 I can find them behind the speakers in the footwell and from there they go down into the space under the doors where there are small slots and the water comes out under the doors.

Just pour water into the openings at the sunroof and see if it comes out under the car.

Thanx i'll try that, just remembered that the cloth underneath the sunroof feels abit damp, would that have sumthing to do with the water swimming under the carpet at the front passenger footwell and at the bottom half of the door apiture seal being soaking wet as the rest of the seal is dry and also noticed the door card aswell has abit of water building up in the pocket bit of the door card where i sumtimes put my newspapers lol, I first thought it were the rubber door seal that had failed but if that was the case would the whole appiture seal be soaking wet instead of just the bottom of it.

Thanx 4 your help shogun i appreciate it

Fraser