GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: New style windshield wipers on E34

Default New style windshield wipers on E34

Any idea if we can get those hot new windshield wipers they have on all the new cars (E60 and E90) for our beloved E34. Did anyone try to get these or not. It would be great but I gues we would have to change the wipers and the wiper arm as well. Anyone:?????
    1990 520i M20 Manual, 16" wheels 225/50 Conti's Bi-Xenon. Crystal tail lights. Sachs lowering kit. MOMO steering wheel and shift knob. Pioneer sound system all around.

Whats the difference between the wipers on the E34 and those of the E60 and E90? Got any pics?

Just found out
    The wipers I meant are called aerotwin and are provided by Bosch as retrofit but not for the older BMW still. Not even for MB.
    Hit the link to see what I mean
    http://aa.bosch.de/advastaboschaa/Pr...&publication=1
    Cheers
    1990 520i M20 Manual, 16" wheels 225/50 Conti's Bi-Xenon. Crystal tail lights. Sachs lowering kit. MOMO steering wheel and shift knob. Pioneer sound system all around.

Quote Originally Posted by aabdelhamid
    Any idea if we can get those hot new windshield wipers they have on all the new cars (E60 and E90) for our beloved E34. Did anyone try to get these or not. It would be great but I gues we would have to change the wipers and the wiper arm as well. Anyone:?????
    Bought mine from Autozone about three weeks ago. Also have the rear one for my Touring. Make sure you measure the size you need because the passenger side might touch the hood if you buy the wrong size it calls for. They really do the best job of sweeping the windshield of any blade I've seen.

Paul

I have hingeless wipers if that's what you mean.

You can see them in this pic:

They're available at Pep Boys and autozone and are very cheap. I took my arms apart and degreased them and spray painted them trim black and the whole wiper assembly looks new

I have them too. Not too expensive, not too cheap. Run about $20 a piece. Work real well.
    A 24" on the passenger side is too big, go with a 22", still hangs over a bit, but works good.