GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Location of Fuel Filter

Default Location of Fuel Filter

Sorry but I'm having a bitch of a time finding this, where is the fuel filter in our cars? lol ok im dumb

behind the right rear wheel well
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

thats where i thought, the mechanic that rode with me told me that noise (the decelerating one from my other thread) was also the fuel filter, even though i can feel slight vibrations in my floorboard and in the steering wheel and it sounds liek it coming from right in front of me, but it happens when i decelerate fast...could it be the fuel filter?

New brakes?
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

No if you look into my other thread, it can hapen while standing still or with no brakes applied.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27830

Default vibrations may be mounts

Quote Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER
    thats where i thought, the mechanic that rode with me told me that noise (the decelerating one from my other thread) was also the fuel filter, even though i can feel slight vibrations in my floorboard and in the steering wheel and it sounds liek it coming from right in front of me, but it happens when i decelerate fast...could it be the fuel filter?

I just recently bought a 1989 535 and replaced motor and tranny mounts. Made a hell of a difference in vibration especially in driver seat. Seventeen years and rubber breaks down. In fact I am replacing most of the busings on the car even though it has only 45k on the odometer now.

The bump your feeling in the brake pedal when backing out of the driveway is the abs self test. You'll notice this anytime you start the car up and start to move slowly with your foot on the brake, when you hit about 3mph it will do it. You'll feel the abs pump cycle and it will feel like a slight kick to the pedal. Perfectly normal on your car. The other noises i don't know about from your description of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BFEINZIMER

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    The bump your feeling in the brake pedal when backing out of the driveway is the abs self test. You'll notice this anytime you start the car up and start to move slowly with your foot on the brake, when you hit about 3mph it will do it. You'll feel the abs pump cycle and it will feel like a slight kick to the pedal. Perfectly normal on your car. The other noises i don't know about from your description of them.
    alrite cool thats what my autoshop teacher told me...haha i solved like all the other noises tonight at our san diego meet it was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    Wow, i have always wondered about that!
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA