GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I purchase a Westfalia Hitch??

Quote Originally Posted by zmuff
    I wouldn't hesitate to tow with my e34, the rest of the world tows with them all of the time. Do a search at ebay.de for "anhängerkupplung". Try and find one that comes with the wiring and everything. Shipping may cost you a bit though. I've bought a few things from Germany and have been pleased each time.
    yeah but you have a 535 sedan, with a 5 speed. That's way more torque in a much lighter vehicle, and no weaksauce auto.

0-60 in 10 seconds for us brand new, I'm sure yours is down in the 8 second range. The diesel will help a bunch.

If I had one to sell then I'd ship it to the US. I don't see any problem - the towbar is a big knarly thing, not easy to damage!

Cheers,

Shaun

Still looking.....
    1992 525i Touring M50 5spd Manual 230k+ miles - SOLD:-(

UK eBay has loads listed,one of them must be willing to ship stateside. The probable reason why people from the UK don't bother, is most likely the shipping costs, it really is expensive and usually kills any deal.

I'd buy one off UK eBay for you and ship it, but you'd be better of trying some place local or finding an orginal US car thats being broken for parts and has the BMW part with the removeable hitch.

Try also German eBay, shipping from Germany to the US is a lot cheaper than the UK .Try searching using ' BMW Anhängerkupplung '

Does it have to be Westfalia?
    I got mine from these guys http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?p=10435 fitted it & wired it myself and am very happy with it.
    For the record, I towed my 5 berth caravan to the south of France & back with my 525 with no problems at all.

Cheers

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by oharab
    Does it have to be Westfalia?
    I got mine from these guys http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?p=10435 fitted it & wired it myself and am very happy with it.
    For the record, I towed my 5 berth caravan to the south of France & back with my 525 with no problems at all.

Cheers

Ben
    Thank you for the link - it doesn't have to be but I'd prefer the Westfalia.
    The only issue is the Towsure unit is 50kg/1400kg where the Westfalia is 75kg/2100kg. Its not that I'm planning on towing anything huge but I prefer the larger margin of safety.
    1992 525i Touring M50 5spd Manual 230k+ miles - SOLD:-(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12